Pertronix conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just finished installing the Pertronix ignitor on my 09/74 fj40. It had a real bad problem trying to git up and go before the install and I suspected the distributor since I wasn't very good at setting gap and dwell. Runs like a charm now since the install and I would say it was well worth the beans to dish out. I figured I'd also get the Pertronix Flamethrower too so they work fine.

Pertronix & MSD

I just installed the Pertronix Ignitor, MSD 6A ignition boxand a Pertronix Flame Coil, and they work great.

This also allowed me to get rid of the factory ignitor module.

I'm shocked that all of the post above seem to indicate Pertronics is only available for 1964-73 distributors. I sell more 1974-77 Pertronics than I sell 1964-73. We originall offered the Crane unit until we discovered the Pertronics. The Crane units were so fragile that we could accidently break them while installing. Once installed, they were flimsy, they would wobble when touched. The Pertronics mounts rigidly, and is fully self contained inside the distributor. Plenty of good testimonials above, I don't need to go into that.

I have the Pertronix and the 40KV flamethrower coil fitted to my 2F.

Cant say there is any significant improvement in power, I only did the mod to get t rid of the antiquated points system.

However I do carry a set of points for "Justin"

I ran JT's version for a while, and it is easier than points to dial in, but it burned out when I had the ignition on to rewire headlights.

Replaced it with FJ60, and wouldn't go any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom