Pennzoil 0W-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Jimmy

Threads
So I did an oil change with Pennzoil 0W-20 a couple months ago and everything went fine with the change. My career has me gone for up to two months or three months at a time. I come home on quick down periods and then head back to work.

Here's the situation I found. When I came back from work and start the 200 after its been sitting for about a month and a half I hear a rattle sounds from the front of the engine. Once there's pressure it goes away. This only happens after its sat for extended periods. Doesn't do it on subsequent starts after it's been started. the 3UR is new territory for me and thus the ask.

Jim

I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but mine does this too, using the same oil - only in the winter when it's very cold. Once warmed up it goes away.

I've put about 30k on my truck since I got it, so I'm not too worried.

So I did an oil change with Pennzoil 0W-20 a couple months ago and everything went fine with the change. My career has me gone for up to two months or three months at a time. I come home on quick down periods and then head back to work.

Here's the situation I found. When I came back from work and start the 200 after its been sitting for about a month and a half I hear a rattle sounds from the front of the engine. Once there's pressure it goes away. This only happens after its sat for extended periods. Doesn't do it on subsequent starts after it's been started. the 3UR is new territory for me and thus the ask.

Jim

Timing chain rattle is a pretty well-known issue on the 3UR-FE, even causing toyota to update the chain tensioners. Many more of these in tundras, so much more conversation about those online. If the problem doesn’t persist I’d say don’t worry about it. Or if you can’t get over it, send off an oil sample for analysis.

I had an issue where right after an oil change using toyota 0-20 it would rattle every time I cold started. Eventually the problem resolved itself.. some discussion here: Oil change then cold start rattle 3 days in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom