Paying too much for 1st T100 4x4? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Longtime FJ100 LC'r, stock, keeper, love it. Former FJ80, stock, loved it miss it didn't use it enough and hated the fuel bill. Repeated owner 07-11 Taco's, flip em for fun almost impossible to buy reasonably....so, LOVE Toyo Trucks but not a mechanic and not really an expert. Wanted another classic Keeper and just coughed up 5 Large for a 97 T100 4x4, Automatic, 105k miles, really pretty clean including no rust underside. Booked at about half that. But I like it and am looking forward to a soft resto. Didn't really shop them. Am I crazy?

I think that's reasonable. Don't know much about T100s, but a toyota at 105k that's clean is worth $5K.

My uncle has a clean example of a t100 and he loves it vs his 1st Tacoma. Basically same truck with more room.

I think that’s fair... maybe not a smoking deal but most pickups are going for $6-7 with low miles like that

I think it’s a good price. Low miles no rust t100’s are rare.

I just sold one earlier this year. A 4x4 with low miles and no rust at $5K is undervalue I would say from my experience. You got a good deal if it's been maintained and the interior and body are in good shape too.

I casually look at T100 ads and prices, I don't think I could replace mine in this region for that price. I think that is a great deal, should last a long time. I paid 8K for mine 10 years ago with 110K miles. I wish I had ponied up the 10K for a 1998 one owner SR5 with sub 100k miles I saw on craigslist at the same time, but it was on opposite side of the state from me and I just didn't have time to go look at it. I still wonder what it must have looked like in person, the pics were good and it was exactly what I wanted. Still very happy with mine, just not as fancy as that one was.

Sold my 96 T100 X-cab this summer with bench seat, original owner w/ 240K on the clock. Always maintained but showing the punishment I gave it (dented body panel, torn upholstery, faded paint). And man, I beat the crap out of that thing off-roading, towing, etc. Sold it in 24 hours for $3K. Never, ever, let me down. So I think $5k for a T100 with low miles is a good deal.

love T100’s. had a 93. 2wd. reg cab. great city truck.

You did good. A former coworker had one with well over 300K on the odometer and said he would never sell it. He bought it new.

I bought my T100 new in 1997 and still have it only have 128K miles. I would not sell it for 5K but then I am spending 7k to repaint it. You got a good deal if you have little to no rust and low miles. Good find. Do enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom