Passive water/meth injection system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love to hear more of your perspective. :) I’m trying to keep temps that low intentionally.

From what I’ve read EGT >1250 is the danger zone. Is your main concern the potential compressor degradation or...?

My 4BD1T saw 900C (1650F) several times when I wasn't paying attention (towing, dropped off boost etc) and I routinely ran it at 750C (1380F) sustained for minutes at a time.

It didn't give a damn. I have since rebuilt the engine (for other reasons) and the pistons have no thermal damage at all. I would expect your 12HT to be similarly resiliant.

I also have a VW tdi which has a factory temp sensor at the DPF entry. That has read over 800C. Also no problems.

My 4BD1T saw 900C (1650F) several times when I wasn't paying attention (towing, dropped off boost etc) and I routinely ran it at 750C (1380F) sustained for minutes at a time.

It didn't give a damn. I have since rebuilt the engine (for other reasons) and the pistons have no thermal damage at all. I would expect your 12HT to be similarly resiliant.

I also have a VW tdi which has a factory temp sensor at the DPF entry. That has read over 800C. Also no problems.

Wow. I’m not going to go anywhere near those
Temps. You are way more hard core than me. :)

Great data though, thank you!

1300f sustained won't hurt a DI diesel and I doubt 1400f would.
My 1HDT saw 1650f for a short time when I wasn't watching the gauge and being silly on the dyno

👍 thanks for the input. I’m personally going to stay at lower temps for now. Good to know the potential range though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom