Passenger Seat won't move back - it's not the missing plug <SOLVED> (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tell that to the switch that has worked perfectly for several months now. I figured maybe it melts and reforms into a surface after the arc, and an original concern was what if it melted and stuck, but just perfect operation since doing this. Just went on a week long camping trip where the seat had to be moved fully forward to sleep and fully back to drive at least once a day and no issues as well.

The incline/decline on my 96 LX stopped working to go back up "incline" - I could tell the switch wasn't working because pushing "up" didn't make the clicking engaging sound. I followed your steps, BUT for LX's the driver's seat has a slightly larger switch board with a power lumbar switch. After gingerly trying to pry the black plastic switch cover out of the white housing it eventually snapped, revealing 2 SCREWS. On the LX driver's side you have to remove the clear back cover and then unscrew the two screws, AND THEN you can pop off the black cover.

IMG_1611.jpg

My switch also had build up from arcing and 25+ years of dust/foam. However after cleaning all the switch points, the switch still didn't work. Further investigation and the toggle "actuator" (small plastic nubs that make contact with the switch plates) had worn down on one side. Calls to specialty hardware stores and the dealer yielded nothing, so I built up solder on the switch plate and it works for now and hopefully another 100k miles...
toggle switch.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.50.01 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom