Passenger front brake line keeps breaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
18
Location
Idaho
Bought the 2003 Land Cruiser and first day I had it the front brake line on passenger side snapped off at the frame where the metal line goes to the suspension. Had it repaired and checked at an off road specialty shop that does land cruisers in Boise. Theybsiadneverything looked good and how it’s supposed to be installed. Today it broke again but at the other end where it connects to the suspension. Any ideas why it keeps snapping off? It’s 2 1/2 inch lift and 33s.its breaking at the flare nut near the upper control arm this time and last time it broke at the flare nut under the coils as it leaves the frame.

IMG_1570.webp


image.webp
 
Last edited:
I have talked to them about doing some work to my truck. I hear good things about south to north.
 
Zooming out might help.
Here’s one zoomed out. The control arm has a bracket the hard line attaches to from the firewall. The same line has broke. Twice, once on each side at the flare nut.

IMG_1575.webp
 
Last edited:
I would suggest replacing both the rigid and flexible lines with new OEM before reading too much more into some other issue.
 
I found a LX470 in the parking lot and looked at the brake line setup and yes, it is different than mine and not attached to the control arm. This is a photo of the Lexus. I circled where my hard line is connected and pointed an arrow where this vehicle is connected. Is this the correct install path? Mine is connected to the bracket that holds the other line on the control arm.

Brakes.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom