parking brake replacement options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody

Needed some advice wanted to replace parking brakes I wanted to go OEM with just the exception of the parking brake hardware kit and the actual brake shoes themselves. My options including aftermarkets from RockAuto are:

1) AC Delco Professional parking brake cables: I know they are better than than the AC Delco Advantage line but in recent years people have had bad experience/ fake products from RockAuto. So I was wondering whether any one had advice on parking brake cables from the AC Delco Professional line.
2) I was thinking of getting the actual adjusters OEM rather than the ones included in the Beck and Arnley Hardaware kit. Do you think this is necessary since this is a pretty vital part.

The crank and bracket bellcrank I was going to get OEM. Any advice on should I get AC Delco Professional parking cables and whether I should keep the adjusters OEM would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a completely original and unique suggestion below...

Go OEM

I used aftermarket brake shoes and now I regret it as it is barely holding the truck when applied. Go with OEm shoes. I think those have good friction material.

I used aftermarket brake shoes and now I regret it as it is barely holding the truck when applied. Go with OEm shoes. I think those have good friction material.
which brand did you go with and how many clicks do you gp on the parking brake. Thanks.

anyone know where I can purchase the whole hardware kit from made of all genuine OEM Toyota parts. for the rear brakes e.g. Springs, adjusters, pins, c-clips etc included all OEM bunched together and sold as one piece for both sides. Couldn't find anything like that at Cruiser Teq. Thanks in advance.

anyone know where I can purchase the whole hardware kit from made of all genuine OEM Toyota parts. for the rear brakes e.g. Springs, adjusters, pins, c-clips etc included all OEM bunched together and sold as one piece for both sides. Couldn't find anything like that at Cruiser Teq. Thanks in advance.
Not sure what parts you need but here's one option for you that @NLXTACY sells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom