Parking Brake Handle Relocation? M416 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for guidance, pictures, etc.

I am considering adding a tongue box, but it would have to be spaced 8+" in front of the tub. To maximize space in the tongue box, I'd like it to mount as close to the tub as possible. If I build my own, it would likely be integrated into the tub.

Could the parking brake handle be turned on its side and mounted under the frame on the right side directly under the factory wiring cover?

Thanks in advance.

I don't see why not, just make sure the cable doesn't bind and it's mounted so the cable has just the right length to tighten.

@77TLCFJ40 was browsing trailer builds and came across this solution to your question

E4E0CB16-D321-43DB-A71E-99F9FC475FF9.jpeg

Thanks @JTU. That is a very well executed mod. The original frame does not have that front side-to-side frame member, so I'll need to space the pivot point down so that the rod that connects the handle to the pivot is just below the frame. Need some garage time!

IMG_1335.PNG
IMG_1334.PNG
IMG_1312.PNG
Another view of the same trailer @JTU posted above and another one I dug up on Mud. Sorry I can't give credit to the owners as I just took screen shots of their nicely executed mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom