Parker's Thank You Note (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received a note from Parker's mother yesterday in refrence to both my and the CLC donations to Tunica Academy in Parker's name. It reads as follows.

"Dear Jes,
Thank you and all the CottonLand Cruisers for your gifts to Tunica Academy in Parker's memory.
After Parker's accident, someone told me about a "Cruiser Site" that I needed to look at. I had no idea what a close knit group of young men, "cruisers" were! I have Parker's most favorite Cruiser here at my house. It was parked at his office and I had driven by it one too many times and finally pulled in just to look through the windows. His main jim's were sitting on the console. The door was unlocked so I climbed in. I had ridden in this particular Cruiser a couple of times with Parker and I knew it was his favorite.
The key was in the ignition! I couldn't believe it! Why would someone leave it unlocked with the key in the ignition? I have never driven a stick shift in my life, much less a 5 speed. I guess that's what you call it. I put my foot on the clutch, put it in reverse, then shifted into 2nd and out of the parking lot into highway 61. It made a lot of noise! The Cruiser knew just were to go...we went to the cemetary and visited Parker. There is no doubt in my mind that Parker was with me showing my how to drive that truck! I'm sure he squirmed a little but for the most part, it was a smooth ride.
I have driven it several times since and LOVE it. Please thank all of his friends for the beautiful gift in his memory. And, if you ever find your way to Tunica again, call us. Love, Nancy"

I need to quit chopping onions while I read that note...

Ah hell...:crybaby:

Thanks for sharing that.

Good. Glad we could do it. Continued prayers.

Thanks for sharing that. He was a good guy and I was fortunate enough to meet him, spend time with him and his family and buy a 40 from him shortly before his passing.

I'm assuming his mother is referring to his 62 diesel with the h55f, which I was lucky enough to see as well. Very cool rig..which he was trying to trade/sale at the time of his death.

I hope his wife and daughter are doing well.

RIP Parker

PS. LOL..doesn't surprise me a bit about it being unlocked with the key in the ignition. My 40 was sitting there like that when we went to pick it up.

Last edited:
Back porch scene at Parker's cabin on the Mississippi the last time we saw him, 3 weeks before his death. Parker took this photo the morning we left Tunica. That's a trip I'll never forget. A good man, taken way too soon. RIP brother. :cheers:

mail

Back porch scene at Parker's cabin on the Mississippi the last time we saw him, 3 weeks before his death. Parker took this photo the morning we left Tunica. That's a trip I'll never forget. A good man, taken way too soon. RIP brother. :cheers:

mail

Fail on the pic there Lee.
iphone pics 049.jpg

That's the pic Parker took with his camera phone, as received. Sorry you don't like it.

I don't think Pat was saying he didn't like the pic - just that some of us couldn't see it.

good stuff...

Thanks for posting Jes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom