Painting calipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found only couple comments from someone who painted calipers yellow. I am going to powder coat lx wheels (yes going from 18 to 20 wheels) and as part of their special they will paint calipers for free. Didn't think about doing it since it is an SUV but since it is free, it is tempting. Not looking to make the truck flashy.

Anyone else done it on their LC? Any recommended color for a silver LC? anyone discouraging doing it?

IMG_4079.JPG
I found only couple comments from someone who painted calipers yellow. I am going to powder coat lx wheels (yes going from 18 to 20 wheels) and as part of their special they will paint calipers for free. Didn't think about doing it since it is an SUV but since it is free, it is tempting. Not looking to make the truck flashy.

Anyone else done it on their LC? Any recommended color for a silver LC? anyone discouraging doing it?

I used to have a 2015 Suoercharged Range Rover blackout edition. This other guy who had one replaced his calipers with red ones from a RR Sport. I thought it looked terrible, but that whole truck was black.

Think yellow calipers = too much bling.

Maybe paint them black or even bronze? See the bronze rims and accessories on the silver SEMA LC 200? Never would have thought of that until I saw that truck. It works for the HRE rims but that's different.

These calipers aren't pretty enough to draw that much attention to (in my opinion).
Paint also rarely lasts long. It'll likely look like dung in a few months - unless they are extremely well prepped....

I wouldn't do it even if it were free. but that's just my opinion!

Powder coating is a harder more durable finish than paint, correct?

Yes, but calipers would be painted. I have painted calipers of my GS350 and it lasted perfectly for four years before I sold it. Of course special paint was used.

These calipers aren't pretty enough to draw that much attention to (in my opinion).
Paint also rarely lasts long. It'll likely look like dung in a few months - unless they are extremely well prepped....

I wouldn't do it even if it were free. but that's just my opinion!

I am on the fence too. For sure nothing to bring attention to. Only thoughts it may be easier to clean them. I have 16 LC and they are not pretty and attracting brake dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom