painted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spent yesterday and today in the booth. Shiny...
DSC03318.jpg
DSC03317.jpg

ooooooh.........aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunof*****........................mine's not even dismantled yet:bang:

seasonal

Awl, That is because it is cold where you are. Here in the desert, this is prime-time working weather. In August when it thaws on you, I will be hiding indoors, or maybe in the pool.

Very nice! :clap:

I'll bet you're glad to be at this point in the project. :bounce2:

Very nice! :clap:

I'll bet you're glad to be at this point in the project. :bounce2:

x2 - definitely a milestone I bet......

Those are the good days when you actually see progress. Other days........not so much:frown:

color

It is sort of a factory color. It is Sandstorm, the color Toyota debuted on the 2008 FJ cruisers. I liked it, my truck is a long way from a stock rig, so no harm in painting what I like. Did the tinted bedliner too.

responses

Ironman - I used just under a gallon of paint. But keep in mind that the entire inside of the tub and bed as well as the bottom side of the tub and bed were bedlined previously with Colormatched SEM stuff. I used almost 3 gallons of that stuff.

Also my bed is a good 30" shorter than stock, not that that matters much in paint usage.

Claw - Thanks. I think the dash will turn out nice. The AC vents are a must-have here.

Ironman - I used just under a gallon of paint. But keep in mind that the entire inside of the tub and bed as well as the bottom side of the tub and bed were bedlined previously with Colormatched SEM stuff. I used almost 3 gallons of that stuff.

Also my bed is a good 30" shorter than stock, not that that matters much in paint usage.

Thanks, It looks like you did things the right way. I forgot to ask you what type of paint you used. I heard that you guys in AZ can still get some of the good old paint that is not water base. I restored a few cars years ago and now took some auto body classes when I was younger. I am not looking forward to buying a new paint gun and learning how to shoot HVLP so I was considering making a trip across the border and getting some good old fashion Acrylic Enamel or Acrylic Lacqure paint. What are your thoughts on that?

Cheers,

Jim

paint

SOrry, I dont know much about paint. I am a newbee, this is the first attempt at painting for me. I picked up a good gun (a used Sata HVLP) and went to the local paint jobber shop and made friends to get advice. I used DP primer, then DC2000 base coat with clear over it.

The paint was very forgiving for a new person like myself. Clear was a little trickier, but not bad, just had to be more mindful of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom