Paint Codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool pictures. Guessing by the TOYOTA emblem on the apron these are pre US import. The red one clearly doesn't have sides vents in the cowl. Has the early license plate bracket which we didn't get but only one shown in the parts book.

Treeroot, would you say that red 25 is Carnival, or Seminole?

According to Toyota, Seminole Red (T-332) was 1958-1965. I need to have some mixed up to verify that though. I also have a Toyota book showing Seminole Red was a "Station Wagon" color as well. I am going to assume they were referring to the FJ45LV because of the colors in the book. This is also the same book that confirms Coronado/Colorado is a wagon color only.

According to Toyota, Seminole Red (T-332) was 1958-1965. I need to have some mixed up to verify that though. I also have a Toyota book showing Seminole Red was a "Station Wagon" color as well. I am going to assume they were referring to the FJ45LV because of the colors in the book. This is also the same book that confirms Coronado/Colorado is a wagon color only.

So if Coronado/Colorado was wagon only what color was my 70? Funny how much misinformation is out there. Would be nice if Toyota would just make all this information available to all those trying to restore Toyotas back to stock. That certainly doesn't hurt them in anyway. They like to use the Land Cruiser heritage why not help those trying to preserve the vehicles.:meh:

I own the 4 colors offered for the FJ45LV. Because the book matches, I made the assumption this book should be 1964-1967. One of the Holy Grails of Toyota paint stuff to follow....

Spring Green
46208_10151571388730743_10712096_n.jpg

Colorado Beige
12472_10151571388645743_1022825754_n.jpg

Capri Blue
936337_10151571388565743_1119305453_n.jpg

Seminole Red
480493_10151571388460743_1457256554_n.jpg

Last edited:
This is the logic I use with one color as an example.... You can tell by the dates, the chips disagree with each other. You can see a pattern with the overlaps though.

yosemiteyellow.jpg

So if Coronado/Colorado was wagon only what color was my 70? Funny how much misinformation is out there. Would be nice if Toyota would just make all this information available to all those trying to restore Toyotas back to stock. That certainly doesn't hurt them in anyway. They like to use the Land Cruiser heritage why not help those trying to preserve the vehicles.:meh:

T-1276 is a Land Cruiser Color (not station wagon) for 1964-68.
T-451 Colorado/Coronado Beige (station wagon 64-67) and may have been used on later 40s. I call this one Band-Aid because it fades to pink

This is a '67 FJ45LV
BandaidColor.jpg

El Hefe's Dec 1963 FJ40
paint.jpg

i-3_B_L62.jpg

1964 Fj45LV
310699_10151571388680743_1901073481_n.jpg

Wesintl - 1963
color_shot.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe my 70 is sundune white. Wonder if the color is listed in any of the paperwork I have? Post #51 shows anything could possibly be sundune white.:bang: The third picture in post #50 is a pre 64 and looks close to the color of the lighter bumperettes I have. Did Toyota switch to pewter in 65 or was it 68?

sundune white doesn't look very f'n white to me. i've been called colorblind before, so maybe that's the issue? :meh:

I own the 4 colors offered for the FJ45LV. Because the book matches, I made the assumption this book should be 1964-1967. One of the Holy Grails of Toyota paint stuff to follow....

Spring Green
View attachment 911593
Colorado Beige
View attachment 911594
Capri Blue
View attachment 911596
Seminole Red
View attachment 911597

we need to take some rubbing compound to at least the colorado beige so you can get a good look at it.

sunday if i'm not haying, maybe i'll swing by if you're around. we still need to pull the brake cylinders off your 25 so you can fix it too...it's wheelin' time ;)

... Funny how much misinformation is out there. Would be nice if Toyota would just make all this information available to all those trying to restore Toyotas back to stock. That certainly doesn't hurt them in anyway. They like to use the Land Cruiser heritage why not help those trying to preserve the vehicles.:meh:

Like this? :) ...and it goes back to 1958

Holy Grail #2
Grail2.jpg

Does it include dates and model which color was used? Or just a general those were the colors used from ttoJanuary 73? Without that info it stilling guessing what was used when on which model.

It has years as well. The only thing I have found is that some of the date codes go from a specific year forward depending on the publication date. A 1968 color in the 1969 book shows 1969 and up for example even though the 1968 book shows 1968 and up.

So are you creating a chart for all the models (25/40/45LP/45LV/55) that shows what colors were used in each year?:grinpimp: Would be nice to know if my 70 is Coronado, Colorado or what. I need to check my 73 (orange) to see if it has a color listed. Earlier other than unless it's the standard colors Spring Green, Capri Blue, .... your just guessing unless I'm missing something on 69 and earlier on the left firewall listed on the technical bulletin in post #49.:meh:

Amazing work being done here. Thanks. I am restoring a Colombian spec 1961 FJ40 in Yosemite Yellow (I just chose it bec no way to find out original color). Also we are doing a 1972 FJ43... this is how we found the truck in white... then we seem to have found "breathe green" inside the doors. Sure looks close to Nebula. Once painted with 2016 paint and shiny clearcoat it is hard to say if we are getting close to these old color tones but the effort is being made. I really like the idea of bringing back some of the old colors even if it was not original to the truck.

Ordered some Dupont paint swatches in breathe and nebula to see if we can figure out what this green color is. anyone seen a restored breathe green truck? I have not yet. thanks

IMG_0262.jpg
Breathe green 72 door.jpg

Wasn't sure where to post this, i hope this is a good spot.

I recently pulled the body off of my parts Cruiser, yesterday i was harvesting parts off the frame and found the original color. You don't see Capri Blue much on FJ25s. I found only two possible Capri Blues in the Count the FJ25's thread, #7 and #171.
IMG_6788.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom