Paint code for upper white on a LV? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know Matt is going for a non LV color but still keeping with the earthy Toyota colors so hopefully this is not a hijack because it is sort of related...this may be a question for rick d....not sure if the colors posted earlier were the actual LV colors or just factory colors offered at the time. From what I have gatherd, there were 4 factory colors offered. A blue, red, green, and the funky band-aid color. Are these correct and do we know what the color code is for the band-aid color?

• T-1028 Spring Green
  • T-332 Seminole Red
  • T-310 Capri Blue
  • band-aid? Could this possibly be an oxidized version of twighlight grey T-433? The color in question is the same as the door pic above ^

the band aid I have called "Salmon" for 8 years.

I only have the one '67 factory chip book and it may be an earlier color. I have seen a number of pure paint areas (under weatherstrip, light housings etc) and it is not a faded out grey. J Ward's first 45 resto started as this color.

I have seen seminole red, capri blue, spring green, salmon, and the japanese brochure grey (which may be Colorado beige). I can't think of any other colors (factory).

...you know, I kick myself for not getting Ward's Blue/White truck. 62,000 original miles, garaged in Lake Tahoe. 100% there (I think he added OME lift). Sold for about $13,000 then shipped to Japan. The only preserved paint speciman I've know of.

Last edited:
Picked up more paint

T-1391 - Sirrius white
T-1506 - Pan white
T-1393 - Asteroid grey
T-1620 - Athene grey

When he punched the code in for Pan white it labeled it, "Seafoam". It's still white, but PPG must have had a new name for it?

Pics of the stuff in the cans, hopefully I will be able to spray some white tonight on some test panels and then shoot the grey over the top tomorrow.

Matt
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG

Ran home for supper because I have to work late tonight, sprayed Siruis and Pan white. Was hoping to spray both greys on 2 different test panels tomorrow, but my wife had a fit about something............. :frown:

I'll post more on my build up thread with more pics and her major issue.... :rolleyes:

Matt
MVC-001S.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom