Painful wiring kit question about turn signals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got back to my wiring torture. After consulting multiple wiring diagrams, customer service at Painless, and lots of cussing I went old school. Test light and trial and error. Anyway, I finally got it working 99%. All turn signals, running lights, brake lights, and hazards working as they should. The only issue is that with the hazards on when I step on the brake they stop flashing. I can live with that. Anyway, I sketched out a diagram of my factory (7/72) hazard switch with factory colors and my jumper wire colors. Also took a pic of the bullet "Y" connectors. Not sure if this will help anyone but here it is just in case. The numbers in the sketch are the painless wire numbers

One other thing I found was that many posts, and Painless customer service, say you have to use the factory flasher and run a jumper across the terminals for one of the flashers in the fuse box. I did not find this to be true. I am using both flashers in the painless harness and no factory flasher. I can't say for sure if any of this is correct, but I do have it fairly functional.

hazard diagram.jpg

wires to hazard.jpg

I'm not sure but I think in a lot of cars if you step on the brake the flashers go off? Well done. regardless! I will be surely asking more questions when I get to this... soon... hopefully after I get this drivetrain swapped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom