P0306 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may help. I had my motor rebuilt several thousand miles ago and have recently been throwing codes po306 and po300. Initially checked wiring harness. Codes kept returning. I wanted to do a visual of the #6 fuel injector and found my problem. When the mechanic put everything back together he made one of the heater hoses too long. This put a part of the metal part of the plumbing directly over and actually touching the injector. The wires of the injector were so smashed down and bare from the heat of the pipe. So injector was shorting out. Replaced hoses and made one of the hoses about an inch shorter which moved the piping away and it absolutely drives like a dream. I did also splice in a new injector connector. I'll try and upload pictures of the piping and areas to look. Here is the fuel injector connector.

IMG_20240308_172252981.jpg

This may help. I had my motor rebuilt several thousand miles ago and have recently been throwing codes po306 and po300. Initially checked wiring harness. Codes kept returning. I wanted to do a visual of the #6 fuel injector and found my problem. When the mechanic put everything back together he made one of the heater hoses too long. This put a part of the metal part of the plumbing directly over and actually touching the injector. The wires of the injector were so smashed down and bare from the heat of the pipe. So injector was shorting out. Replaced hoses and made one of the hoses about an inch shorter which moved the piping away and it absolutely drives like a dream. I did also splice in a new injector connector. I'll try and upload pictures of the piping and areas to look. Here is the fuel injector connector.

View attachment 3581034

Screenshot_20240313-111316~2.png

Are you saying that what should have been short hose sections (~2" each) that go onto the pipe nipples on the firewall were much longer than they should be, which then moved the pipe assembly forward against #6 injector connnector??

Did you take any photos of how it was before you fixed it??

Last edited:
Are you saying that what should have been short hose sections (~2" each) that go onto the pipe nipples on the firewall were much longer than they should be, which then moved the pipe assembly forward against #6 injector connnecto??

Did you take any photos of how it was before you fixed it??
Yes, hard line coming out of the firewall and the rubber connector piece was too long pushing this hard line out too far and over the connector. I didn't take a before picture, sorry. It is a miserable place to get back to. I will try and get a after picture when things cool down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom