Oxygen sensor connector (rear) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, a little embarrassed here. I was feeling great as I was able to remove the nasty little rust pods that used to be nuts on both 02 sensors, but then i realized I have no idea how to undo these little electrical connectors. I managed to get the front one apart, but i'm not sure how, i just sort of poked at it and futzed around like an alien inspecting an abductee. But the rear one...no idea. I'm trying to avoid what i usually do, which is break it, then look at the broken pieces carefully and go "ohhhhhh, now I see".

Part of the issue I think is that it's clipped up on the little perch and it's difficult to see and reach. But again, it's unclear how to get it down from there without breaking the little pin that holds it on.

Any tips on how this connector works?

Last edited:
Picture might be helpful.

Use one of the tools used to pop out plastic trim screws to unhook that plastic anchor. You should then be able to see what part of the connector you push down on to separate the two halves. Don't pull by the wires!! Here's a picture of the replacement oxygen sensor to give you an idea on the connector and the little plastic anchor.
419uT6ve1wL._AC_.jpg

That's a good idea. I think I do have one of those auto trim tools I can pop it off with, then I can lower it down and figure it out.

Could clean it (spray degreaser), wipe off, then take a pic with your phone. Zoom in.

Phone camera is a great visual tool.

Just press down in the middle of the connector that comes from your harness and then separate the two halves. Mine were both very tight....being the originals, but they will come apart.

O2 sensor replacement7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom