Overland Expo West 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone heading to Overland Expo West this year? I've never been before and thought it'd be a good way to get the wife exposed to some of the community.

I'm planning on going this year, probably camping friday night.

there will probably be a decent size group from the Phoenix area cruiser club, Copper state Cruisers that will camp together if possible.
great group, very family oriented. they are on this board, also.

i'll add a link when we start planning the trip up.

Hey that'd be cool. The first question my wife asked was if the dog could come, and the second was where is the nearest hotel... :oops:

dogs are definately welcome, saw some amazing shepherds there last year. just chillin in the beer garden like they owned the place. many of the vendors had water bowls/ice for the pups.

the closest hotels are probably in flagstaff a few miles away.
may be worthwhile to make a reservation, just in case. weather in flag in may has been....well...unpredictabe.

last year was warm and beautiful. perfect weather.
the previous years saw, blistering winds, mild flooding, and snow.

its a crap shoot.

FWIW, we made it out last year and for a very similar reason. I took my wife and two kids (3 and 6 at the time), hoping they'd buy into the whole overlanding/camping idea. It's a great event with lots of vendors, rigs, food/drink options, and four-legged friends roaming around. Everyone enjoyed it and while we can't attend this year due to another trip on the same dates, I'm sure they'd be up to do it all over again.

You can also hotel it in Sedona. Hyatt pinon point is very nice...it’s about 30minute drive to flag staff. If you are going to camp at the event. Bring your mountain bike. I am planning on attending..heading there from SoCal.

I'm heading up for the first time from PHX with the wife.

We staying at a hotel near downtown Flagstaff. Guess that goes to show you how much work I've got to do to get her camping/overlanding. :(

We just booked our hotel a couple of weeks ago. Seemed like plenty of availability in town. I would definitely also check out the options in Sedona if you haven't been before. Roughly the same distance to the Expo as Flagstaff but entirely different terrain and culture.

I’ll be there working and camping in the American Adventurist booth. Last year we had a couple of kegs and will likely have the same again this year. We were also giving out co-branded PDW Land Cruiser patchers. I’m sure we’ll have patches again this year, it’s just to early to release the design.

We would like to make it but we have plans that weekend. One of these days I will make it out there for this event. We love Flagstaff and I would like to do some trails in the area, hopefully 2020 is our year!

Reviving this as we're 1 week out! I went to buy my tickets for Saturday and it looks like all the on site parking tickets are sold out. :facepalm:

They say to allow 45min for the shuttle?! I hope it doesn't take that long as I'll be dropping the wife and dog off before parking.

We (myself and a coworker) are heading down Thursday and camping all weekend.

I'll have my 100 and he'll have his BMW F800GS (hitching a ride on the back).

No room to bring my bicycle - I hope I don't regret not making room.

IMG_20190511_085400.jpg

My wife, dog, and I are headed down Friday night. We ended up finding a room at a Super 8 on the east side of flagstaff. Saturday morning we are going to try and head down to the venue at 630 am to try and beat some crowds. I wasn't able to secure a parking pass for Saturday so I'm going to drop my wife and dog off and then go take the shuttle or grab an Uber back before all the masses show up. This is my first time so if anyone has gone through this before, tips are appreciated.

If you see this loveable face come say hi, she's super friendly!

73nl2OE8l_J2o99_cO90Idliv7MunXdKPqnuZQEEa59VIgRwrg27wfIcg4wAtI6meFb7GVSoWGCQSxyjYLg0Te0dAniNrdJ-qNfjaXgYsO5JVIAwnQMp6EkLrl0Qc6tJGhBE_kbhKCnfN-b8SjCGD4PLC3s9rPObYl2Kvk4OgPi1X55bohqngJVi0ti9V5xoFzSF76jJGnvlK0zdLkPS9braqupnRWmD2khTV2ijsZNYFCmBB-_gxhZqc29V-ut4gRLIyqgbFU0jH-SqcrcO93O2IEJ1zZmXiWlu2GzbevpcQBiW1CGsWQkgKSDUV8a3Kj6Kvnu1SfvVu1RNTiq-kbZXvc3B2MvhD8F5nQo27I3Cf8ViQ1HnuDmWjkJuHo_MeRvzHq3GhDzsS2ZNfcqidTNwDE71rn7ZI_IY00oexiBZbyqizft8t1I0zro4CBqD7DQknxcAM8N7HsFjx0LmlNEChQbAOE4c42LfH4wMwgqvAjFN8-WEPX4SRVsb0f_0d5jwXRDujKhKJ156cprQqGWdgh_6YcF5sI8-b9PTiOY8lvUydra-E_HooyIvIxBmnBNyuhXx9u3bNvmiunqVaQzPu7rCBYtO_IjlM11zZHyBEbKhVhaKyqHSj0n_L8qsWakK0T-hjYYcoaNxx95Z4Ji66w1FzYo=w962-h969-no

I'll be the at the BFG trailer. Stop by and say hi. Unfortunately, the crust will be back East, but at least I'm here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom