Outside mirror camera not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FIL has a 2013 land cruiser that he bot used. The outside mirror on the driver side has a camera in it and the darn thing doesnt work and has not worked since hes owned it. This is strange as the vehicle is only 5 years old and has 50,000 on the clock.

Stealership says $1,400 for entire mirror assembly or $900 for the camera.

Anyone have any wisdom they could share addressing this issue? Trying to avoid a $1k problem.

Thanks

this is probably the answer you are not looking for, but my LC200 do not have minors cameras and I am not missing them. look on the junk yards or from LX560

I was wrong (i agree thats a rare duck in inself) - it’s the passenger mirror’s camera that has decided to stop working. His 200 is white and i suppose i’ll set up an ebay notification to ping me when one is listed.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

To further diagnose this issue you would need to isolate the pin#s on the right door mirror assembly body side harness that controls the camera as the mirror motor functions as designed. Once the camera pin’s are located throw a multimeter on them and see what you have. If it’s dead there then the problem is not your camera but rather the camera system computer and on the bright side it’s $37 cheaper than the camera! But if you have juice there it’s definitely the camera and maybe you could find a used mirror assembly and have it painted to match. Or get the camera part# and see if you can find it any cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom