Original pinstripe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 62 has a white and red pinstripe the full length of the truck on both sides.

Was this an option offered by Toyota or something the owner added later?

I have grown to really like it. Should I have it repainted or keep as is?
7FA0338F-2ADB-45BC-9BE9-B47709BF00A3.jpeg

depends on how far you plan shinin' that bad boy up. if just a basic wax , run it. if breakin' out the buffer n 60 different compounds, well then it may need a refresher

My 62 has a white and red pinstripe the full length of the truck on both sides.

Was this an option offered by Toyota or something the owner added later?

I have grown to really like it. Should I have it repainted or keep as is?View attachment 2212831

Does it look like the pinstripes on this 60? This is the only one I’ve ever seen with these stripes and I too wondered if they’re original or not.

258F0947-01F8-4400-A9B7-BEAC0AB98BA0.jpeg

Does it look like the pinstripes on this 60? This is the only one I’ve ever seen with these stripes and I too wondered if they’re original or not.

View attachment 2212888

Similar but mine goes front corner to back corner, nothing on the front or back, and doesn’t have the lower stripe.

I would assume the striping is either added at the dealership or added by the purchaser later.

There were factory decals and pin stripes to some markets.
My Australian spec FJ62 GXL came from factory like this.
IMG_1041.JPG

My decals are getting a tad ratty too, I looked on PartSouq.com, and they're listed as no longer available. I haven't checked Amayama or Megazip yet though.
IMG_1295.PNG

Check those sources and you may get lucky!

Well, looks like Amayama have stock, not cheap though, by the time you purchased all the decals for each door and fender, you could pay for a complete respray!
IMG_1296.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom