Hilux Original or OME / Ironman torsion bars for 1992 IFS Hilux? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Should I replace the original torsion bars on my 1992 IFS Hilux with OME or Ironman torsion bars? Do they improve the ride quality?

The car has more than 200.000 km / 125.000 miles and I recently bought new Kayaba shocks, new control arms and various other parts. Should I replace the torsion bars anyway given their age?

Worth it- Depending on your added weight up front as Jgrant mentioned. If you have bumper, winch etc etc you should do it

Worth it- Depending on your added weight up front as Jgrant mentioned. If you have bumper, winch etc etc you should do it
No added weight, completely stock, no hard off-roading in mind.

Aren't you running sway away t-bars?
Yes, but I believe they’re all close in diameter. +-1 or 2 mm
If you’re not lifting it I don’t understand why you would want bigger bars.
Not that thicker bars are required, stock is just fine; granted they are in good condition.
I got the SAW because the OME were beyond waiting for.
Great quality, but I wanted to lift my truck. Your application is different. However, the spring load of a torsion bar increases with its thickness, whether you lift it or not.

Me thinks, that is if I ever get this whore put back together, that I'm in need of new ones. Left side is cranked down way more than the right and was sitting pretty damn level. And I wouldn't mind bumping it up another 1.5 or 2".

How's it ride now...any stiffer than stock?

I'll give a counter point...

I'd go aftermarket. Since they will be larger, they'll require less preload... and can actually ride better than factory bars with more preload.

I'll give a counter point...

I'd go aftermarket. Since they will be larger, they'll require less preload... and can actually ride better than factory bars with more preload.
This.

Try them out and let us know- I prefer learning off of others experience. In my own experience, every time I go HD and not really needed it- I was disappointed with ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom