Options to replace late Model A/C Fitting at Condenser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, wanted to know my options here. I'm doing a swap and need to replace the line that goes from the compressor to the condenser (see below).
1. Is it possible to buy these prebent?
2. Should I just cut it off and use a compression fitting like this one? 14.5MM Tube to #10 Hose Straight Compression Fitting - https://coldhose.com/products/14-5mm-tube-to-10-hose-straight-compression-fitting
3. Take to a hydraulic hose shop where I assume they will cut it off and weld onto a new crimp end?
4. Anything else I'm missing?
TIA!

1678372616878.png

Not sure that compression fitting would work, it might, but it would be a drag to find out it leaks after charging the system. I took all of mine to a shop and had them remade. The fitting on the end that attaches to the condenser is common. If one hose is bad, the three others may not be far behind, so if your system is open, consider changing them all, plus your condenser and drier. You can still buy new Denso condensers for later model 60s and the 62 for about $130. Pre-1984 60 condensers are discontinued. Oil your new o-rings before installing. If converting to R134A, you will need a different drier than stock, which only works with R12.

IMG_9407.JPG

Last edited:
@Jdog what year do you have? Is that pic your rig? The late model hose fitting after 1985 pictured is NOT common at all. If you have the hose you need to send it to Coldhose.com to have them make a custom hose matching it. They will cut off the aluminum hanger shape end and weld on a new crimp fitting to attach to their new hose. I just did this last summer, but had to find that special hose first from someone here on MUD. Mine is an 84 I had to convert to the newer condenser.
Hope this helps.
@Dekeman 's photo is how mine originally was pre-85's. (with a very standard 90degree fitting) not sure why Toyota changed this?

The shop that did my hoses said that fitting was common, and they easily attached their standard tester on my condenser to check for leaks. The small fittings were rare and had to be specially built. Maybe things changed in '84 when they changed the direction (from slightly down to up) of the condenser hard line.

The shop that did my hoses said that fitting was common, and they easily attached their standard tester on my condenser to check for leaks. The small fittings were rare and had to be specially built. Maybe things changed in '84 when they changed the direction (from slightly down to up) of the condenser hard line.
The fitting size is common. But the late model hard pipe hose fitting is not available new anywhere. It can be Jerry Rigged if your into that. There are guys on here that have used multiple fittings to fudge it. Here is a pic of mine before I installed.
2022-10-08 10.35.46.jpg
2022-10-08 12.40.10.jpg

@Jdog what year do you have? Is that pic your rig? The late model hose fitting after 1985 pictured is NOT common at all. If you have the hose you need to send it to Coldhose.com to have them make a custom hose matching it. They will cut off the aluminum hanger shape end and weld on a new crimp fitting to attach to their new hose. I just did this last summer, but had to find that special hose first from someone here on MUD. Mine is an 84 I had to convert to the newer condenser.
Hope this helps.
@Dekeman 's photo is how mine originally was pre-85's. (with a very standard 90degree fitting) not sure why Toyota changed this?
My rig is a 89

Yeah, you just need to send that off to a place like Coldhose (i've experienced great service from) and have them save the aluminum part, like whats mentioned above.

@cruisermatt can also hook you up with what you need.

Last edited:
I also offer that service if you would like to support a Mud vender. Just did one yesterday.

PM coming your way. Prefer to use the folks who’ve help me along the way. Thanks!!

4A58BD7B-37BB-4472-8AEB-632C25947DD4.jpeg

I found the one I had rebuilt with a wanted add in the classified section or a part out listing? There are some great deals from other MUD members.

Cruisermatt, would I need to send off the old hoses to you or are you manufacturing all new hoses? '89 Fj62.

Do you have 3FE or V8 swap? I had just been doing the V8 swap hoses (I use @FJ60Cam nice hose kit for my parts) since if you are using my motor mounts the locations are going to be basically the same no matter what, I guess I could do stock replacement lines as well, I would need you to send me your original condenser line to re use though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom