Options - LX front end collision. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few months ago my kid had an accident in the LX in the parking lot. The LX drove away but the forester may have died. I have a dissent feont bumper and the forester went under the bumper and got destroyed by the frame and hook. Everyone was fine. The LX drove away and I have bee using it for months. Since we have collision insurance, its covered minus deductible. So the question is:
1) Headlamps - they suck. Any good aftermarket options? I have not seen any LED options except for the 7” conversion which is not moving forward.

2) Bumper. I am getting $1100 credit for the bumper. I like the dissent but I have to get it painted and my winch(9.5XP) doesn’t fit very well. The control box is jammed in there. If I mount it on top, it may interfere with the hood/grill. Ironman 4x4 is nearby(Oregon) and have a sale for $999 for the 100/LX variant. I haven’t checked with Dissent, but I would bet its 2-3 months for delivery. Any other good and fast options.

FB06B0F7-56BD-4F7B-A9B4-404E927A3841.jpeg

The dissent bumper looks intact. You could go to a fab shop and have them re-bend or cut out and weld in new support tabs.

Who is doing the body work on the LX? I'm guessing with the way the bumper bolts in to the frame that there is going to be some pulling required to get thing straight.

Headlights - go HID retrofit in new housings. There are a number of threads here on the right housings to use as well as the kit to buy and install. LED's scatter light everywhere and can blind you if you drive in rain or snow, and blind other drivers the rest of the time.

I wonder how led is in the factory projectors. If you are getting the hid retrofit, maybe better projectors then the stock ones? I'm not sure how stoked i am with my retrofit in the factory projectors. Maybe i would like them better if i had the 55w. The 35w don't seem any better then the factory h1

I agree with @AlpineAccess . I could not go back to stock lights after upgrading my LX to HIDs. I bought my new OEM housings already retrofitted by @Luke111 but I believe that he also sells the brackets to DIY. The results are amazing and he also sells a high beam LED that has excellent reviews from those running them.

Here is his online store website: LB Builtwerks

I wonder how led is in the factory projectors. If you are getting the hid retrofit, maybe better projectors then the stock ones? I'm not sure how stoked i am with my retrofit in the factory projectors. Maybe i would like them better if i had the 55w. The 35w don't seem any better then the factory h1
I've got LED in my projector, anecdotal, but they are terrible.

A few months ago my kid had an accident in the LX in the parking lot. The LX drove away but the forester may have died. I have a dissent feont bumper and the forester went under the bumper and got destroyed by the frame and hook. Everyone was fine. The LX drove away and I have bee using it for months. Since we have collision insurance, its covered minus deductible. So the question is:
1) Headlamps - they suck. Any good aftermarket options? I have not seen any LED options except for the 7” conversion which is not moving forward.

2) Bumper. I am getting $1100 credit for the bumper. I like the dissent but I have to get it painted and my winch(9.5XP) doesn’t fit very well. The control box is jammed in there. If I mount it on top, it may interfere with the hood/grill. Ironman 4x4 is nearby(Oregon) and have a sale for $999 for the 100/LX variant. I haven’t checked with Dissent, but I would bet its 2-3 months for delivery. Any other good and fast options.

View attachment 2491864
Hard to tell on my phone but if the glass is intact I’d like to buy your passenger headlight. Mine has a golf ball sized hole in it and I’d be up for the challenge of swapping the lens.

I don't know how crazy shipping would be, but I'm sue dissent would fix the bumper. They are in my town so i would just bring it to them. U could make a road trip out of it! Allot of cool 4x4 stuff to do here.

So you smashed up a wing of the dissent already on your rig, why don’t you just buy a new wing? That’s supposedly a feature of that bumper, just replace a piece.

The light is destroyed. The glass lens is missing in the picture since it is in pieces on the ground.

The bumper right wing and center piece are twisted. I was looking for a quick option since I cannot wait a long time for the bumper. I think I will get them to remount the bumper as is and see what my options are.

HID conversion look like my best bet. Now i have to find a good lamp.

Sorry to hear about the accident. If you happen to find a source for already painted headlight filler trim, I would love to hear about it. I also am cleaning up the front end on my 06 after a fender bender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom