Wanted OPINION? 1998 Vs 2001 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1998 vs 2001 LC

Hey Guys, I wanted to get some opinions here, I'm looking at two Crusiers:

2001 LC, 165k Miles, Stock, Exhaust Manifold Leak, Asking 9000
Interior is supposed to immaculate

OR

1998 LC, 175k miles, Slee Sliders, Slee Bumper, Electric Rear Locker, HIR Headlights, Asking 10,500.
Interior is supposed to clean, with a little cracking on the front seats.

What are your thoughts folks?

Thanks,
Nate.

2001 has a 4 pinion in the front and the 1998 has the 2 pinion. Do the math 4 is stronger than 2

Buy an 06 ....the best 100 made .!!!

Well if you are asking for opinions
The V8 is way better from a power standpoint than the 6.
I like the rest of the bits on the older ones better.

If I were choosing between the 2 I would probably get the 01. I owned a 2000LX470 and loved it!

I would get the 98 that is already built and put an ARB locker up front, which fixes the 2 pinion problem.

Not sure about an 01, but 98 does not have nav, which I think is horribly applied by toyota and is expensive to fix. My 98 never had the exhaust leak either and that seems like common complaint on 01s. Just my .02.

I just sold a 98 comparable to the one your looking at and miss it. I am moving backwards, I just bought a 40!

Good Luck

CarbonCruiser said:
Can you state the reasoning behind your statement?

Side air bags, 5 speed tranny (introduced in 03) and 35 more horses due to the variable valve timing introduced that year. 06-07 are pretty much the best, can still be gotten without ahc as well.

I'd stick with the 01, little more left on the timing belt, tranny isn't going to be an issue at that mileage, and atrac is a great system. Not quite as good as true lockers, but almost as good. On road safety is significantly better though due to the atrac system. Also if you have kids, it'll have the latch system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom