Only thing I hate about my LC is the seats banging into me! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love my LC, despite it costing too much I will hopefully have it for a long long time. I pretty much love the whole thing, makes me smile driving it, love how its different, power, etc. But there is one problem and I hope I am missing something.

I will put something in back cargo area but need to flip the middle seats up. Then as I drive the seat will slam into the drivers seat when I brake and then flop back towards the cargo area. Its fine if its a big box and prevents the seats from doing this. Sometimes its just a weed wacker and its a super annoying problem.

Did I miss something to lock the seat upright so this doesn't happen or maybe an easy fix?

Thank you!

I love my LC, despite it costing too much I will hopefully have it for a long long time. I pretty much love the whole thing, makes me smile driving it, love how its different, power, etc. But there is one problem and I hope I am missing something.

I will put something in back cargo area but need to flip the middle seats up. Then as I drive the seat will slam into the drivers seat when I brake and then flop back towards the cargo area. Its fine if its a big box and prevents the seats from doing this. Sometimes its just a weed wacker and its a super annoying problem.

Did I miss something to lock the seat upright so this doesn't happen or maybe an easy fix?

Thank you!
After you’ve folded them up, if you look in the bottom of the seat there looks like a little “door” with a finger hole. Open it, and there’s a strap you can use to secure the seat to the grab handle, either above or to the front edge of the rear passenger door. Hope that makes sense.

The owner's manual is your friend.

IMG_9160.jpg

IMG_9159.jpg

Don’t feel bad bud. I didn’t learn about this until after my 2nd row was taken out, aka just now.

Guys thank you!I can't wait to go check this out. Usually the only part of any manual I read is the maintenance specs and schedule. I really appreciate it, this drives my nuts since I am always hauling something in the back.

Guys thank you!I can't wait to go check this out. Usually the only part of any manual I read is the maintenance specs and schedule. I really appreciate it, this drives my nuts since I am always hauling something in the back.

I've had my LX for a few years now, and my seats do the same thing when I haul stuff in the back. Annoyed me too when driving the rear seats bang forward and backward; thought it was normal LOL.

Drives your nuts?

That's gotta' be painful. o_O

That seat securing system has spanned generations of Land Cruisers.
Those hooks are specially engineered to withstand a few seat slams when you forget to fully tuck them in the strap cubby. I have not tested my new one yet. I wonder if it will follow tradition and the strap will loosen just enough to have seat movement & noise anyway! It’s all part of the cruiser experience.

Might seem unrelated, but the 2nd row fold-up weirdness is one more reason I love my ARB drawers.

Because.... the drawers mean that when you fold the second down DOEN ONLY (not up against the seat) you end up with a comntinuous, 80+ inches of floor length, and MUCH wider floor because you eliminate the wheel well bumps.

Didn’t have a open/flat picture handy, but these show it well enough...
5FBF2BEF-9EDB-4785-B83D-F025DC51674C.jpeg
94421DCB-066E-48D9-AF3E-A1DFD08800D8.jpeg

Last edited:
I've always considered it a feature that you can adjust the strap so you can still recline the front seats!

IMG_2629.JPG

Last edited:
Perhaps,

This is the ONE lasting legacy of the no longer discussed "Ranger Rover engineer exchange program of the 1960's...

LOL...

Perhaps,

This is the ONE lasting legacy of the no longer discussed "Ranger Rover engineer exchange program of the 1960's...

Seriously. I love how a 80-100k flagship truck has this system that’s one step up from my dad’s jury rigged contraptions.

Now you will have to deal with the annoying seat on seat rubbing. Put a towel or something between. —-> this can be crucial if you are OCD about rattling and a hearing seal barks coming from the seats is likely to drive you nuts on a long drive. I like to tighten the strap, stuff a towel or jacket, and then ever so slightly take up any last bit of slop by reclining or moving the seat back.

hey markuson, what is that mattress brand/size/model? Looks like a perfect fit

Exped mega mat 15? I have a 10 and it is awesome.. 15 would be like heaven.

And yeah they squeak, though I’ve never had to deal with it for a long trip. Good suggestion on the towel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom