Only 1 person has asked me..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hot enough for you?
A lady at the grocery store, and that was last week when it was nice enough
for me to completely reskin the roof of the kennel and rebuild the rafters on the far side before
applying the new tin roofing.
For those not in the loop, my 60 ran 4000 kms up to Omineca Provincial Park, but my search was for
my lost fathers plane crash site. PG45er accompanied me, with much gratitude I have to add. We
sucked in a lot of dust, ran some ugly roads. But that was the bad.
The good was the amazing stories, and interviews and visits we had with locals who have lived amazing lives up there, some since 1960. It was refreshing to find such love of backcountry, respect for what
BC provides to loggers, miners and guiders.
All the time and money in the 60 paid off, airbags were perfect addition to the truck. Which I proceeded to pound mercilessly on washboard and ATV trails too. Of course, the forest did bite back.

P1010242.JPG

But it was part of the adventure. We repaired the mirror is an amazing bit of teamwork, it was quite an interesting evening. I did not know there are little ball bearings in there, reminder: look for them next time ;)

We saw some high valleys in the subalpine area. Impossible to really show how it was in a simple pic.

P1010249.JPG
P1010293.JPG

Last edited:
Some of the views only break my heart knowing that it's still there and I'm not.

Germansens Landing Bridge over the Omineca River
P1010142.JPG

Wolverine Lake Camp, Mansons Creek

P1010128.JPG

Day trip hike, Don't wear boots you've never hiked in before....

P1010168.JPG
P1010179.JPG

Ok, so we're not drivng the Mt Baldy Trail. ATV's for this trip later.

P1010209.JPG

Until next time

P1010238.JPG
P1010225.JPG
P1010276.JPG

WOW, just wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom