Builds One World, One LX Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This one has been in the works for awhile and I finally got time to start looking at it. This is part 2 of a 3 part plan. Part 1 was to do a sensor adjustment to try to level the rake a little and add a little height. Part 3 is to install oem spring spacers to the front.

I figured that doing all of these things at once would be best since any one of them alone would require an alignment.

Unfortunately, I hit a snag on the front spacers. Originally the dealer that I normally use for service said that they could do all of the work (minus the sensor adjust), but then I guess realized that I ordered the rear coils from Australia and they didn’t want any part of installing aftermarket parts not supplied by them. Not a totally unreasonable position. It also wasn’t a big deal since pretty much any shop can swap the coils. Then, they called and said that they couldn’t do the spacers either, but that they could do the AHC flush afterwards. I guess they expect me to install them in the parking lot outside the service center 😂

Anyhoo. I decided that I would do the sensor adjustment and install the coils, and get an alignment, and then worry about the front spacers at a later date.

C578B63C-578D-48BA-BC91-4ACBF66C16B5.jpeg

Oddly enough, after lifting It and having the coils installed, they put it on the rack and everyone was perfectly in spec. This may change over the next few days, but after leaving the shop and hitting the highway for about 10 miles, it drove and rode amazingly.

So I took another drive and again, the ride seems as good or better with the new springs.

I tried again to go into lo mode but to no avail. All four corners lower but it just continuously flashes like it’s still trying to finish lowering.

This is not a big deal for me but I will still try to investigate more.

This one has been in the works for awhile and I finally got time to start looking at it. This is part 2 of a 3 part plan. Part 1 was to do a sensor adjustment to try to level the rake a little and add a little height. Part 3 is to install oem spring spacers to the front.

I figured that doing all of these things at once would be best since any one of them alone would require an alignment.

Unfortunately, I hit a snag on the front spacers. Originally the dealer that I normally use for service said that they could do all of the work (minus the sensor adjust), but then I guess realized that I ordered the rear coils from Australia and they didn’t want any part of installing aftermarket parts not supplied by them. Not a totally unreasonable position. It also wasn’t a big deal since pretty much any shop can swap the coils. Then, they called and said that they couldn’t do the spacers either, but that they could do the AHC flush afterwards. I guess they expect me to install them in the parking lot outside the service center 😂

Anyhoo. I decided that I would do the sensor adjustment and install the coils, and get an alignment, and then worry about the front spacers at a later date.

View attachment 2697378
Looks great! Glad to hear it’s all coming together.

Thanks man. If I can squeeze in some free time this week, it'd be nice to replace the skids.

In fact, I'm feeling a little feverish - cough cough ;)
Let's do it. I keep procrastinating on installing the bud built skids. Come on over, it will get me into high gear once the ARBs are gone lol.

So I took another drive and again, the ride seems as good or better with the new springs.

I tried again to go into lo mode but to no avail. All four corners lower but it just continuously flashes like it’s still trying to finish lowering.

This is not a big deal for me but I will still try to investigate more.
Good to hear

Any idea how the AHC pressures look like after this mod? Are you back close to stock figures?

Also, just a quick update. I got in to drive the truck this morning and when I started it up, everything lit up like it was Christmas time but it ran fine. I drove for a few minutes and then turned the truck off. When I restarted, everything was fine - no lights. And, I was able to go into Lo. So there is that.

I definitely think I need to get Techstream connected.

Definitely useful. Did you get the Toyota OEM one or one of the aftermarket OBD units? I'm looking to get one as well.

This is the one I ordered:

Also, just a quick update. I got in to drive the truck this morning and when I started it up, everything lit up like it was Christmas time but it ran fine. I drove for a few minutes and then turned the truck off. When I restarted, everything was fine - no lights. And, I was able to go into Lo. So there is that.

I definitely think I need to get Techstream connected.
I remember this happening to me, but i do not remember the exact reasons. It might have been a loose gas cap or a battery disconnect issue (my battery was very old and barely held a charge). Problem went away on its own after a little drive and turnning her off and back on, and still has not resurfaced some months later.

Has it been a while since you used your 4 Lo? First time i put tried to put her in 4 Lo i had "VSC" light and "Traction control" and "4-Lo" light come on if i remember correctly (possibly more). After i put her on the grass/dirt and got the 4 Lo to engage and drove for a little, then i had no more issues and 4 Lo engagement was almost instant after that. It's recommended to drive her in 4 lo for a little once every week or two, just to keep the gears lubricated or something.

Last edited:
I remember this happening to me, but i do not remember the exact reasons. It might have been a loose gas cap or a battery disconnect issue (my battery was very old and barely held a charge). Problem went away on its own after a little drive and turnning her off and back on, and still has not resurfaced some months later.

Has it been a while since you used your 4 Lo? First time i put tried to put her in 4 Lo i had "VSC" light and "Traction control" and "4-Lo" light come on if i remember correctly (possibly more). After i put her on the grass/dirt and got the 4 Lo to engage and drove for a little, then i had no more issues and 4 Lo engagement was almost instant after that. It's recommended to drive her in 4 lo for a little once every week or two, just to keep the gears lubricated or something.

Hey. yeah, I guess I should clarify for those following along that after the spring swap, I have not had problems with 4LO, but rather going into LOW height mode. 4LO and center diff lock work fine. I had the flashing 4LO issue once when I first got it, but never again.

This was a little different than what you describe above. It was more similar to what people describe when rodents have chewed all the harnesses where everything lights up. That was my first thought, but there was no damage. Then I thought my battery was dying, but it tested out fine and has no problem holding a charge.

Since it has been fine ever since, I chalk it up to a gremlin. Just to be sure though, yesterday I checked all the cables and all the major connections under the hood thoroughly. I opened up the dash under the steering wheel and checked there as well.

I'll check it once the scanner comes in, but at this point everything seems to be fine.

Well, its been a pretty great couple of weeks. A slow roll out to Ouray for LCDC, and a slow roll back. I am going to post up a few pics but there may be some redundancy from other threads.

The plan was for me and my son to drive to Salt Lake and my wife and daughter would fly in and we would all go to Ouray from there. On the way out we were planning on doing some trails and camping but the smoke from Sacramento to Salt Lake was pretty thick so instead, we decided to go straight to SLC, find a nice resort, and lay by the pool for a couple of days until my wife and daughter came in.

We made our way to Ouray with a day to spare and decided to run Yankee Boy Basin with a bunch of other folks. The weather was amazing and the trail was a lot of fun. We stopped shy of the top of the trail because my wife had an appointment, but the scenery was stunning the whole way:

DDE8DA4E-C291-45C6-B2BE-68B7C49D019A.jpeg
1BD57083-3303-48F9-9D9E-3F8954283D7C.jpeg
E59DAA88-CF81-495F-AB8E-F17E435372E5.jpeg

On this trip, I was finally able to dial in my compressor setup. I added an elbow to my Morflate because it was a tight fit with the gauge and the quick connect.

05F2B4F0-4616-4FDF-B8FE-E9C62A7914EF.jpeg

I was able to time my inflation for all four tires with the Morflate and the Viair. It takes about 15 minutes to go from 18 to 37 PSI, plus a minute or so for setup. Overall I am happy with the setup, but I may look at a bigger compressor in the future.

9583BE2D-7F36-40D5-9EAD-790E6124D927.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom