One more suspension thread :-) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decided to keep my 2008 LC for another few years until we see a new series LC ...

Have been reviewing the threads but not sure which direction to go...

Would like a slight lift (maybe 2") and improved on road / Highway performance ..

I don't off road at all - but tow a 2k pound flats boat from time to time ...

Have a call into Slee to discuss the OME kit ....

Should I look at anything else or ?

Thanks guys ....

NNN

I am running a 2011 and had the same thoughts soon after I destroyed the running boards. It's my DD so not rock crawling but will put an quartered elk in the back when needed. 2 inch lift worked out great from Slee and OME, here is the end results measures from center of wheel to fender full tank of fuel, stock bumpers still, no winch. I did install SPC adjustable UCA while I was there.

OME 2702 front coils 2" lift stock load,= 2.625"
OME 2722 rear coils .75" lift stock load, = 2.125"
OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks F&R
Note: These shocks do not dampen enough on the rear axle during 80 deg f +, you can feel a bouncy, uncontrolled spring during summer, not noticeable at 50 deg f or colder.

Very satisfied with Slee OR, and the end result lift height. I can now turn around on some forest service roads with out scraping sounds or more/less damage to painted parts.

I'm in the same boat as you. Just ordered the bilstein 6112/5100 combo. Might be worth looking into.

Decided to keep my 2008 LC for another few years until we see a new series LC ...

Have been reviewing the threads but not sure which direction to go...

Would like a slight lift (maybe 2") and improved on road / Highway performance ..

I don't off road at all - but tow a 2k pound flats boat from time to time ...

Have a call into Slee to discuss the OME kit ....

Should I look at anything else or ?

Thanks guys ....

NNN

We have a great range of coil options and shocks for the 200's. They start at $790 (front and rear coils and shocks). Twin tube shocks are our go-to, and we also have remote resi monotube options, but since you don't offroad, that's overkill for you.

Lots of squeaking and groaning in frame. Had a couple of people work on it and the KDSS gave em fits. I'd go OME if I had to do it again.

Love the BP-51, decent lift, truck sits level, and comfy ride.
Awesome on trails.

You should check out the Koni 88 or 90 series with the TOYOTA factory front shock spacers and BFG KO2 tires. Not a 2" lift (about 3/4" up front with the spacers), but you'll get less roll/dive/squat and a firmer feel. I bought my 90 series shocks from bjowett a couple of years ago and like them. You do give up that buttery soft ride of the factory shocks though, and one or two mpg with the slight lift and larger/heavier tire).

I am sure there are other excellent tire options depending on your specific needs. I did both suspension and tires at the same time, so I can't speak about the effect of only shocks and front spacers.

Last edited:
You should check out the Koni 88 or 90 series with the TOYOTA factory front shock spacers and BFG KO2 tires.

I didn't know there was a Toyota factory spacer available. Is there any additional information on this? I'd like to level out the front on my stock height LC and the spacer may fit the bill.

I didn't know there was a Toyota factory spacer available. Is there any additional information on this? I'd like to level out the front on my stock height LC and the spacer may fit the bill.
The spacer part # is 43136-60020)
email7807.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom