OME Suspension System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you contact ARB USA direct they will answer your questions for you. They will want to know what your vehicle is, what you paln on doing with it (aftermarket type stuff that will add weight) etc and then they will give you all the part numbers, quanity of each needed and in what location the springs should go based on the number of the spring.

USA
ARB 4x4 Accessories
20 South Spokane Street
Seattle WA 98134
Tel: (206) 264 1669
Fax: (206) 264 1670
http://www.arbusa.com/

My buddy has OME, I've got BDS, his comment was that for the extra $$$ the OME were not worth it. His truck and mine were the same year and set up the same when I did the suspension. Only difference is that his OME's are about 4 years older without greaseable pins or shackles.
I installed greaseable shackles and pins from SOR when I did the install.

Clack said:
Question for people who bought the Medium OME setup. Did you do the Light or Heavy springs in front? From what I understand, there is no medium spring for an FJ setup, only light or heavy, and the super heavy for th diesel cruiser. ....

Correct, OME only makes a Stock/Light and a Heavy Load spring for the front of a FJ60/62...

Gas & Diesel Engine:
OME 110 Stock/Light - Made for 0-110 lbs of additional front weight (bullbar, winch, etc)
OME 11 Heavy Load - Made for 100-220lbs of addition front weight (bullbar & winch, etc)

Also, OME CW2 spring caster wedge may be required in some applications to restore positive caster angle.

That being said... Most of the 60 kits I sell are the OME 11 fronts (Heavy Load) and the OME 113 rears (Medium)... Same kit as Beanie runs on his 60 :D

Cruiseroutfit when are you going to update your website with the Fj60 OME stuff?

Sonic1 said:
Cruiseroutfit when are you going to update your website with the Fj60 OME stuff?

Soooooon :D

I like the OME springs on my 60. They are still alittle stiff but once I do some wheeling they should loosen up abit. I recently rebuilt both axles and cut strips of plastic to put between all the leafs. I think it was worth it so far. The springs are still stiff but there is noticably more cushion.

there is also a OME111,(extra) heavy load front. To get this spring, you take a OME 11 and add a OME11XL leaf. This is what I run on my fj60, love it. I don't think you can actaully buy the OME111 anymore, you must make them. When I added the OME11XL's it raised the front almost an 1" ride was actaully better then before, but i have a ARB and 10k Warn.

I did not add shims and it handles and rides GREAT!

John

cruiseroutfit said:
Correct, OME only makes a Stock/Light and a Heavy Load spring for the front of a FJ60/62...

Gas & Diesel Engine:
OME 110 Stock/Light - Made for 0-110 lbs of additional front weight (bullbar, winch, etc)
OME 11 Heavy Load - Made for 100-220lbs of addition front weight (bullbar & winch, etc)

Also, OME CW2 spring caster wedge may be required in some applications to restore positive caster angle.

That being said... Most of the 60 kits I sell are the OME 11 fronts (Heavy Load) and the OME 113 rears (Medium)... Same kit as Beanie runs on his 60 :D

Landpimp said:
there is also a OME111,(extra) heavy load front. To get this spring, you take a OME 11 and add a OME11XL leaf. ...

Yup, good point John, the same is available for the 40 series too... May be a viable option to some of you "heavy 60's" :D

I've got the HFS from CCOT, pretty good lift. I didn't have to shim or anything, alot cheaper than the OME. I wish it was a bit stiffer, but then again, I have alot of heavy stuff on my truck. Great lift though, awesome quality. Paired it up with OME Greaseable anti-inversion shackles, good ride quality. I might puts ome add-a-leafs in there though to stiffen it up, but I'm sure a stock cruiser would be fine.

Skip the OME. I've gone thru two sets since 1995 on my 60.
Order a custem set from Alcan. Better street ride. Much better off road action and you'll probabley save some $$$ too. There is a big difference!
devo

Just installed OME med/heavy on an 84 FJ60. All bolted up as mentioned here but now have what feels like a rear driveline vibration? 1st thought is rear pinion angle is off...should the OME heavy's require rear castor shims or is there a different solution to correct this? Coasting = no vibration, but under load you can feel it.
Justin

Just installed OME med/heavy on an 84 FJ60. All bolted up as mentioned here but now have what feels like a rear driveline vibration? 1st thought is rear pinion angle is off...should the OME heavy's require rear castor shims or is there a different solution to correct this? Coasting = no vibration, but under load you can feel it.
Justin

Have you checked your u-joints and pinion for play or wear? That would be my first guess.

I got the OME med/heavy kit and love it. It combined with 31's gave me about 4-5 inches of lift.

Before:
DSC00739.jpg

After:
DSC00803-1.jpg

With new tires (31s):
DSC00814.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom