OME INSTALL, What Am I Doing Wrong? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's late and I've been staring at this too long, so Im just stopping for the night. Got the entire front on but my shackles are sitting cocked out and not like the pics I have referenced. Thanks all, will start over tommorrow...
ome2.jpg

ome1.jpg

should look like this :)

are your front/rear springs oriented right? looks like a lot of leafs.

HTH.

newbumperPC1.jpg

Those springs seem like there too long :eek:

Since you´ve just done the front end, you didn't do a mistake and use the rear springs? I think those are a bit longer...

happy new year!

that's what I was thinking...

x3 you put the rears on the front. The sping pack in the photo is 100% a rear spring (overload and all).

Dynosoar:zilla:

x4, those be your REAR springs bro. Good thing that we just figured that one prior to you running the Baja with them like that...woulda been one hell of a bumpy ride.:D
REALLY bumpy.
Now, get :wrench:'n!

Yeah those are your rear springs on the front, you must have been tired!

Has anybody mentioned that you may have put your rear springs on the front?

Make sure you put the "A" spring on the driverside rear.

Looking at the bright side of things. Your bolts will come off real easy since they have not had time to Rust.

DOH!!! I should not have been working on my truck in the middle of the night on cold medicine!!!! I figured since the springs were much bigger that they were for the fronts to support the weight of the motor. That was a minor f#(k up. At least the bolts will be easy to take out :)

Has anybody mentioned that you may have put your rear springs on the front?

Make sure you put the "A" spring on the driverside rear.

Looking at the bright side of things. Your bolts will come off real easy since they have not had time to Rust.
:eek:lol good catch.

:hillbilly:it can happen to anyone:cheers:

flip and rotate your shackles while you're at it.

They are on right, the anti inversion bar should be oriented on the backside of the shackle at the top. Its a goofy angle in that pic.

is one set of grease nipples on the inside of one shackle and the outside of the other? Or are they both supposed to be on the outsides of the shackles?

And my buddy took the front and rear shackles out and put everything together before realizing that some greasable bolts are longer than others! Are the longer ones for the front or rear, or a mixture of both? Hear the trainwreck coming? :)

And my buddy took the front and rear shackles out and put everything together before realizing that some greasable bolts are longer than others! Are the longer ones for the front or rear, or a mixture of both? Hear the trainwreck coming? :)
rear

The rear shackles should be about 1/4 longer than the fronts.

Dynosoar

Thanks fellas, I'm going to get over this flu before going back to get it right!!

remember the leaf wrap on one end of the spring goes towards the fixed point, not the shackle

Thanks, so the pic I showed when moved to the rear the Dakar sticker ie where the leaf wrap is will be at the fixed point? And do the slightly longer bolts go with the slightly bigger shackles in the rear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom