Oil Pressure Sensor Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could someone please describe where the engine oil pressure sensor is located exactly on 1FZE?

Search tells me it's on the RHS somewhere by the exhaust manifold, but I can't find it.

After replacing the A/C compressor, and fiddling with the A/C lines, my dash oil pressure gauge is dead, so I figure I must have bumped it or something - but first, where is it?

I expected to see wires coming out of a screw-in sensor...

It's right behind the compressor under the forward exhaust manifold. Hard to see unless you know where to look. I think the wires are in the same pigtail as those for the compressor, IIRC.

DTaylor is correct about the wiring harness. Here is a pic which may help. The oil pressure sensor is circled in red.
oil sensor.jpg

Excellent - guys, thank you very much.

Resurrection of the Thread - thanks for posting picture. My gauge went dead today, found the gauge, wiggled the wires, it came back to life. Yea. I have oil pressure and my engine will probably not grenade tomorrow.

Resurrection of the Thread - thanks for posting picture. My gauge went dead today, found the gauge, wiggled the wires, it came back to life. Yea. I have oil pressure and my engine will probably not grenade tomorrow.
Probably just dirty or a little corrosion on the clip on connector

The ground connector on the oil pressure sensor rusts off. Fairly normal from what I've gathered. During my rebuild, I had to replace my oil pressure sensor but it still wouldn't work. It turns out the sub harness to the oil pressure sensor went bad as well due to heavy corrosion of the connectors. New cable was $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom