Oil pressure meter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. Working on an FJ40 1965 and noticed that the oil pressure meter/indicator has 2 styrofoam like balls inside of it and are free, while fuel and water temp gauges don't have them. Wondering if that is expected or a bug was inside the cluster leaving things inside. Thanks for your help

Nope, shouldn't be anything in there except a indicator needle.
Attaching image for reference

16255071110645741599632871169109.jpg

Looks like packing styrofoam. I have a spare if you cannot get it out.

Attaching image for reference

View attachment 2722432
Decided to take them out and seems like a bug or something took the cluster as home. I don't know what type of bug/animal this was
Looks like packing styrofoam. I have a spare if you cannot get it out.
Thanks for the reply. I was able to take them out and seems like they were from a gecko or lizard. I'll start testing the cluster, and if I find something not working I would love to get the spare. I'm missing the amp meter, do you have that too?

16255083862858243019008328552471.jpg

Hi Dizzy. Sure, I'll post more pics once I get it out of the shop (currently in body work)

Those are almost certainly Anole eggs. The bright green lizards you see all over Texas.

Those lizards have exquisite taste in their vehicle of choice.

To me it seems a lizard would have a hard time getting into a small meter to lay a couple of eggs. Amazing.

Decided to take them out and seems like a bug or something took the cluster as home. I don't know what type of bug/animal this was

Thanks for the reply. I was able to take them out and seems like they were from a gecko or lizard. I'll start testing the cluster, and if I find something not working I would love to get the spare. I'm missing the amp meter, do you have that too?

View attachment 2722447

Sorry just saw this. Yes I have an amp meter. Send me a pm and I can get you setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom