Oil pressure difference (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So having an oil pressure gauge in the fj, at around 2000rpm highway and 100kph i normally see 40-43psi, these last few weeks i seeing 30-35psi. I just had it serviced a few weeks back so wondering if its possible that a different brand of filter (genuine) and a different brand but same viscosity oil could cause such a difference in readings?

Or anything else that could cause it thats not an engine problem. Also it might be worth noting the engine has been running a bit hotter than usual on days over 30°c (95-98°c), could this have caused the oil to thin out and degrade?

No answer for you, but watching for others to chime in.
Checked with mechanical test gauge today, same numbers as the aftermarket gauge i installed. Getting another oil and filter change soon and swapping back to ryco filter and using ac delco oil rather than mobil1.

What were you expecting to see for pressure? Normal pressure at 3000rpm 43 - 85psi and as low as 4.3 psi or more at idle. Normal operating temperature of engine oil is 325 degrees F.

What were you expecting to see for pressure? Normal pressure at 3000rpm 43 - 85psi and as low as 4.3 psi or more at idle. Normal operating temperature of engine oil is 325 degrees F.
At 100kph i used to see 43psi now i see 33

At 3000rpm i used to see about 63 now i see 53

Idke is still around 14-15

Its the sudden difference that worries me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom