Oil leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahhh, now I remember lol.

Check my post history (other than all the "What Bourbon are you drinking?" ones :rofl:)....easy to figure out.
:). Mmmm Bourbon! Good luck getting this sorted out. Looks like you dropped some serious coin on a build. Might want to have @TRAIL TAILOR check out all the previous work. Hope all is well with the dog!

Got it sorted out. Leaking from the drivers side CV seal. Andrea will pick up new parts tomorrow from Lithia and we'll get'er patched up. More than likely a nicked seal during the re-install from my experience with the 200.

(Skid plates came off with ease- I used JetLube- KoprKote on all the stainless fasteners during the install. Use this on all our hardware when we can)

J

PXL_20211122_181617461.jpg
PXL_20211122_190839613.jpg

Got it sorted out. Leaking from the drivers side CV seal. Andrea will pick up new parts tomorrow from Lithia and we'll get'er patched up. More than likely a nicked seal during the re-install from my experience with the 200.

(Skid plates came off with ease- I used JetLube- KoprKote on all the stainless fasteners during the install. Use this on all our hardware when we can)

J

View attachment 2845799View attachment 2845801

That green 60 :p

Yeah its a "one-off" build.... 80 coil conversion, R2.8 Cummins and a few other mods!

J

I've heard so many conflicting opinions on the 2.8L CTD, some say it isn't reliable, others say it's not enough power for heavier rigs, yet I so badly want to believe that it is enough for a 5,000lb+ rig. Thoughts?

I've heard so many conflicting opinions on the 2.8L CTD, some say it isn't reliable, others say it's not enough power for heavier rigs, yet I so badly want to believe that it is enough for a 5,000lb+ rig. Thoughts?

Its all about the gearing, IMO... guys that run 3.73 and 4.10 isn't enough. When we run 4.88s and 34s... its a great combo. Reduces the lug and has pulling through all the power bands.

I see the same in the Jeep forums. The guys running 31-33 tires and smaller gears seem to be the complainers. Guys running heavier gears and a mid size tire love it.

We've only installed 4 so far but all good so far.

I'm still a LS3 man (my ute build).... love the power and for the $$ can't beat it.

J

PXL_20211016_145459538.jpg

J

View attachment 2845799View attachment 2845801
THANK YOU!!!

SO glad not to have to worry about how my rig is being taken care of when I drop it off at @TRAIL TAILOR. Be nice to get it back on the road....my pups miss their "chariot" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom