Oil Leak from front of 2H PS ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am new to the cruiser world and have had my HJ60/2H for 3 months now. We have an oil leak in the front and have replaced the oil pan seal and timing cover. There is still a small leak which appears to be coming from the Power Steering unit. I cant see where they actually take oil (if they do?). There only seems to be PS fluid.

The leak is most definitely Oil though and not PS fluid ?

appreciate any thoughts before I wash it down again and remove the PS unit ?

Looks like it is leaking from the PS pump front seal. It should be ITF not power steering fluid.

Thanks, I washed it down again with degreaser and I think you are right. Is this an easy seal to replace ?

Not too hard if you follow the repair manual which is very detailed. You need to keep attention to the orientation of vane blades on reassembly. If you search here there are many build threads. Also I advise you to get oem seal kit which will have all the seals and o rings.

Not too hard if you follow the repair manual which is very detailed. You need to keep attention to the orientation of vane blades on reassembly. If you search here there are many build threads. Also I advise you to get oem seal kit which will have all the seals and o rings.
Thanks Appreciate your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom