Oil Hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone direct me to where I can find the oil hoses indicated in the attached image? These are oil hoses that connect to the bottom of the oil filter mount. I believe they should be rated at a minimum of 65 PSI.

FJ60 Oil Hose.jpg

What is the vehicle/engine? That is not a standard oil filter housing for an FJ60. Also it would be nice to know what those two hoses connect to at the other end.

That looks like an aftermarket sandwich trans / oil cooler adapter. Why on Earth you have that who knows since you give almost zero info.

Also, that looks like it's just stock heater hose and certainly not the correct hose if there's anything other than coolant flowing through it.

1685660482101.png

You either need oil-rated hose, or to remove that oil cooler device and go back to stock. Unless those aftermarket cooler adapters are closely watched by you, they can add unreliability that you don't want.

Sorry for the lack of information - I appreciate the responses. It certainly appears as if the components are aftermarket. The engine is a standard 2F 4.2l petrol engine mounted in a 1984 FJ60. The issue is the hoses shown in the photo are leaking and after digging in it appears as if the previous owner did use low-pressure hoses. I have since purchased a 400 PSI oil hose and am in the process of trying to locate high-quality clamps. The hoses connect to an oil cooler

your picture shows you have the OEM oil cooler installed. Is that also connected to the cooling system (there are two coolant hoses that attach to the oil cooler). Depending what the status is of your oil cooler, you might want to get that working and remove the after market one. I'm not sure why one would need both...

1685978706960.png

Last edited:
You are correct, I do have the standard OEM oil cooler installed. It is connected to the cooling system and appears to be working.....although I am not sure how to test this. The aftermarket oil hoses are part of and, connected to an oil cooler which is located in front of the radiator. The aftermarket oil cooler looks like a small fin-style radiator. I did a little research and found this system which looks similar to what I have installed on the FJ60.

Derale Plate and Fin Engine Oil Cooler

Thanks - Fred.

There is NO reason to have that additional oil cooler if the stock one is working. In fact, with that funky hose setup, I'd say it's a very weak spot for oil blow out and you risk losing an engine if you lose oil pressure at highway speed. Those hoses should be Stainless braided at a minimum.

Honestly, I'd remove that crap and use the stock which is really a Middle-East spec part that found its way onto USA trucks. FWIW, earlier 2F's did not have that oil cooler, so they even run fine without it. Cooler is still available from Toyota, also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom