OFFICIAL VIDEO: FJ Cruiser on the Rubicon Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Looks like fun. Keep up the good work.

Nice shots - Note the absence of the bling skid plate.

They cut to the next scene too quick. Just when the truck is about to go off a ledge or over an obstacle they cut the scene. What gives? Did they do the entire Rubicon Trail? how did the trucks hold up? Any damage?

I don't have a FJ, yet. I have a Land Rover but am considering getting an FJ for a daily driver and save the Land Rover for the harder trails that body damage is a possibility. Good to know they can be wheeled.

man..that was nice. especially since mine is the same color!. I cant show my wife it, she'll want to drive it now....
but...after the big mud hole, i didnt like the scraping noise...i wonder was.

hammer1, often you get grit in the brake pads/discs. Washing them out does the trick.

Woody, is there a way to DL the video? For soem reason Windows Media stops halfway...if I dl it, than it works ok.

hhhhmmm....is your WM software up to date? I didn't have a problem on the two machines I tested it on...

That awful noise didn't sound like brakes.

I agree with Kellymoe, why not show the FJC actually finishing an obstacle???

Hi All:
The sound was metal on rock. Could of been either rock on Sliders, or on the 1/4 steel skid plate we have on that truck. Yes both trucks(blue and yellow) on the Rubicon made it through with no body damage, and scrapes on the underneith and the sliders. But it took good spotting and using the tools we had to get the FJ's through the Rubicon.
Creative touches on cutting out finishing the obstacle. I beleive it is more about getting in alot of different stuff instead of more of one thing. 3 minutes is not a lot of time to show the hours of video that the Warren Miller guys shot. Enjoy the video, it brings back the memories for me. later Robbie

didn't open for me. Is it the same as the one on the toyota website?

try a right click/save as of the file....works in Windows Media player....

woody said:
try a right click/save as of the file....works in Windows Media player....

Nope -- no working. Save as tries to save the image.

Yeah, I'm not getting anything either...

Mine worked, but I also saw it in person. I noticed Robbie in his 80 did not get any coverage.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom