Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lemme guess. Wife wont let you wheel her fifth gen 4runner?

We hear that alot around here :D

Welcome!

Yeah, Heather wont wheel her Avalon either :)

Did you say 435,000 miles? Holy cow!!

Yes Sir,
This was taken after paying the man and signing the title.

Screenshot_2016-11-07-10-36-42.png

Went with a certain ONSC member (that is pretty widely known) this morning to look at a locked 40th Anniversary Edition 80 at the Toyota Dealership in Irmo, SC that just recently took it in on a trade. 361k miles but paint and interior and the price were all phenomenal. One of us was going home with it and he had first dibs and took it! Glad for him!
Hint: You will very likely see it when you go to Trollhole's!

Ms 40th 1 (2).JPG
Ms 40th 2.JPG
Ms 40th 3 (2).JPG

Went with a certain ONSC member (that is pretty widely known) this morning to look at a locked 40th Anniversary Edition 80 at the Toyota Dealership in Irmo, SC that just recently took it in on a trade. 361k miles but paint and interior and the price were all phenomenal. One of us was going home with it and he had first dibs and took it! Glad for him!
Hint: You will very likely see it when you go to Trollhole's!

View attachment 1374258 View attachment 1374259 View attachment 1374260
What a beauty and what a great find!

Looks similar to mine. I have a 3 in lift and 31x10.5 tires on those same wheels. People say I need larger tires, but it looks proportional.

Don't have to regear, easier on the drivetrain, acceleration and braking doens't really suffer, and can't go/wheel 99% of the places needed.

I can run 99% of Uwharrie on 31's with proper technique.

I’m going to just bump up to 33s, 255/85R16s for the tall, skinny look. I have 4:56s on there now, Ok for 33s.

4:88s would be better, but I’ll live. Probably go dual cases eventually;)

@Greenbean , are you going to sell tickets and allow some us the opportunity to be in it when she rolls the 500k mark? it is impressive...

No admission fee(s) will be charged, lol... I'll be sure and have the 3rd row installed just in case!

Appreciate ya though...

Hey y'all.
I am the proud new (as of a month ago) owner of this bruiser:
15672504_3423892727392_4210448155476046250_n.jpg

1986 FJ60, 260k-ish miles
Just started really getting into the nitty-gritty of getting her running like I want her to... starting a power steering pump rebuild this weekend, and a brake job next week. After that, I have a few seals and gaskets I want to replace, and then I'll have to decide what to do next. Definitely a new paint job eventually, brush guard, possibly a snorkel. The possibilities are endless! In my other life, I work in sales at Pinehurst Toyota (required plug... come see me if you want a newer Toyota too!), so I spend a lot of time looking at all the cool things other people have done to theirs. It's starting to be a problem.

I'm so excited to be part of the Cruiser family finally! Have wanted one my whole life, and couldn't say no to this beauty.
Sadly, the previous owner conveniently didn't mention that low-4 wasn't working, so I accidentally got her stuck over Christmas weekend. Whoops.
75XIoPOQ3MXobfAgRb5mvgTvp3mOfLElSCl_oq1VkcSNFPWZoaTHedhEHiwf9o53wY6Qk3Yv08ByFxc=w1600-h721-rw
H6SgHNiJChmACAhLwiQOjF5cAqLKgVMZYSzkpi7ZGhdM0ZSDlRuWC88qKekrjTAlhsdrc7e-uEVYM5U=w1600-h721-rw

So, yeah. That's a work in progress. But I can't wait to meet y'all, and hopefully see you on the trails soon!

Looks like you may need a little more tire :)

does that roof rack have a manufacture tag?

mud will mess stuff up.
Yeah, mud plus a side of the trail collapsing when I was trying to skirt around a ravine thing didn't really work out in my favor.
This is the manufacturer info on the rack:
28tl1n7.jpg

Looks like you may need a little more tire :)
Agreed! It makes those look like trike tires, but I haven't decided how big I'm going to go yet. I need to replace my rotors, shoes, and pads. Have been reading up a lot, and mostly I've seen people going ahead and replacing the drums with discs. Have y'all had any luck/done that/stuck with the drums and just replaced the rest? I haven't 100% decided to do a lift, but I expect I will, so I'd rather go ahead and do it right this time. What brands do y'all recommend? I know factory are good enough, but have you found any you like just as well or better?

I just got a set of Terrain Tamer front rotors and pads. 4RNR 4 piston calipers are a step up over original and are a direct bolt on.The rear drums can be rebuilt without a whole lot of effort. Set up correctly they are plenty effective.

@orangefj45, Georg for the Terrain Tamer stuff, possibly the calipers too.

@beno for new rear wheel cylinders and hardware

It makes those look like trike tires, but I haven't decided how big I'm going to go yet.

for reference: spring over axle conversion and 35's looks pretty nice in my opinion. (Center) Good balance of big but not stupid big (right) :)

IMG_5360.JPG

for reference: spring over axle conversion and 35's looks pretty nice in my opinion. (Center) Good balance of big but not stupid big (right) :)

View attachment 1386063

I can barely see your house behind that behemoth! Holy poop, how do you even get in the driver side? I'd need to carry one of those little rubbermaid step-ups........:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom