1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offered a '83 mini, value?

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by ar2stp48, Aug 16, 2006.

1. ar2stp48

ar2stp48

I looked at an "83 short bed, reg cab mini today and was asked to make an offer. It is as plain as they come; no radio, no p/s, no ac. Truck is in above average condition for age and has 98k miles; miles are actual and it is a one owner. It has a warn winch--low profile, but I didnt get the model number. It has been driven 100 miles or less in the past 12 to 15 months.

Other than the carb needing a little attention, it runs and drives good. No tell tale noises and no excess steering lash. Everything works but the brakes seem weak for p/b.

I talked with the lady last summer but she was not ready to sell the truck then. Now she wants me to make an offer and will not give a clue as to what numbers she may have in mind. I called a dealer and got the story that it was too old for their guide.

I would like to make a decent offer that will be considered but not offer too much. I have spent too many years chasing FJ40's and dont know much about the mini's.

2. KliersLC

KliersLC

I'd say no more than 1500, but realisticly 1000 is fair. Bring up the brakes and the carb issues.....

Dan

3. 2ndGenToyotaFan

2ndGenToyotaFan Ice-Bound Moderator

Just pray she doesn't think it's a gold mine..... I'll second the 1000-1500ish area.

4. CJF

CJF

I take it it's a 4x4?

Is the paint good? Is the body straight? Any rust? How's the interior; is the dash cracked?

How about a pic?

Curtis

5. ar2stp48

ar2stp48

More info as per query:

Yes, it is 4x4

Dash is not cracked

Headliner has been replaced, seats are in good condition--no splits or cracks

Paint is ok, badly faded. Body has its share of dings in the bed sides common to single wall. Fenders, hood, grill, tailgate are all good, straight---no tree bashing.

The only rust of concern is along seam at front of the bed floor.

Aftermarket wheels--the common white spokes--and tires will need replacing

Sorry I didnt have a camera with me

6. CJF

CJF

Go buy it!

7. ATLcrusher

ATLcrusher

If you don't buy it, I might be interested. PM me if you decide against it.

8. BJ_bumperboy

BJ_bumperboy

whatever the price is ... buy it ..

If its what your lookin' for . bottom line ... if the frame and bed are in good shape .. you can double your money . its a safe bet .

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">