OEM timing belt 'kit' ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im needing to replace my timing belt after PO 'said' and provided a bogus receipt that he replaced it previously....but didnt. :censor:

Im contacting dealerships to get the OEM 'kit' but theyre saying they dont sell kits. Just the parts separately which adds up to almost 700$! (TB, WP, Tensioner, Pulleys, seals and gaskets).

Where can I get a legitimate OEM kit? What Ive read is theyre under $500.
Thanks

I was reading this about the AISIN kits.

That’s the kit I’ve put in my GX as well as my wife’s tundra and I have zero complains so far. Both kits have around 30k miles on them to date.

I did originally put a different kit in my GX (auto parts store kit) and immediately had to go back and redo it because the water pump was terrible quality and was leaking right away and the pulleys were garbage. Put the TKT-021 and haven’t looked back. Just my .02

Be very, very careful on where you buy the kit. There are a ton of fake parts out there. Either get the Aisin kit from an actual auto parts store - or Rock Auto. It also looks like you might be able to get it through Advance Auto or O'Reilly's. I would be hesitant to buy it from Amazon unless it is 100% verified to be Amazon selling it and not a 3rd party. Online auto parts are getting to be a game of russian roulette these days.

FYI - I bought a "genuine" Subaru timing belt kit for my old EJ25 on eBaY that was a 100% Chinese knock-off. It even had fake Subaru part number stickers on it. I helped a family member do an oil change on a Kawasaki V-twin mower engine over the holidays where they had purchased an Amazon oil change "kit". The plugs and filter were total generic knockoffs (but were labeled as such) although the oil had a Kawasaki sticker on it. All of that went in the trash and it got a local-parts-store Wix filter and oil instead. It wasn't worth the risk to ruin a $1,500 mower engine.

I have not yet needed to put a belt on my GX470 (have around 85K more to go) but will use an Aisin kit at that time, sourced through reputable channels.

True Aisin kits are the way to go. Aisin is the OE manufacturer for Toyota.

out of all the parts that are included in the Aisin kit, which are the most critical or prone to failure? Im tempted to buy the belt and maybe the water pump from the dealer to be sure theyre 100% OEM toyota.

out of all the parts that are included in the Aisin kit, which are the most critical or prone to failure? Im tempted to buy the belt and maybe the water pump from the dealer to be sure theyre 100% OEM toyota.
Just order the Aisin kit from Rock Auto. Don't be decieved by their low prices, they make up for cost on lack of customer service but they are legit parts. I've done 3 different 2UZ belts over time. Aisin is the same as OEM.

Here's another vote for the Aisin water pump and timing belt kit. I've been on it for 35K miles. No issues.

I’m at 85k on the Aisin kit and about to do it again. Nothing wrong with buying parts from the mfg that Toyota sources their parts from. i also bought the iridium plugs from NGK (iirc I don’t think they’re denso) and the aisin fan bracket. I did buy the coolant hoses and thermostat from Toyota, there might be a few other small parts, I had a list at one time…

Last edited:
Bought two different kits for two different GX’s over the past three years. First was off of eBay, Aisin kit, 50K miles on this kit to date and not issues. Second kit purchased from Rock Auto (Aisin kit) along with a Denso radiator last October. Approximately 5K miles on this kit with no problems. Both kits were under $300 each. Start by looking for Aisin parts and then consider the source.

Bought two different kits for two different GX’s over the past three years. First was off of eBay, Aisin kit, 50K miles on this kit to date and not issues. Second kit purchased from Rock Auto (Aisin kit) along with a Denso radiator last October. Approximately 5K miles on this kit with no problems. Both kits were under $300 each. Start by looking for Aisin parts and then consider the source.
RIght on. Nowadays there's lots of fakes on Amazon and eBay. RockAuto seems more legit for auto parts. I also order from Lexus and Toyota dealers when practical. A few months ago I ordered Denso O2 sensors from Amazon and they came in a generic package with no Denso marking other than a home printed note that said Denso. I requested a full refund and I ended up ordering the same part from RockAuto. They came in the proper Denso packaging.

I was browsing rock auto last night and they were out of stock on the Aisin kit. However NAPA and summit racing appear to have them for $250-300. I would go that route over the Amazon or eBay one.

Doesn’t shock me you got quoted $700 I price out the parts on Toyota website. Not cheap

I've recently purchased a kit from ebay sold by jdmpartsman714 for my 04 Sequoia, I have 5k miles on the truck so far no complaints. All the parts looked to be OEM. If rockauto is out of stock ill be buying this kit agiain for my 03 GX.

Aisin Water Pump & Timing Belt Kit W/ Hose Kit
(2001-2004 for toyota Sequoia 4.7L V8)
AISIN WATER PUMP w/GASKET WPT800
KP WATER OUTLET GASKET 16341-50020 (For water by pass joint, Not for water pump)
AISIN/ for toyota SILICONE GLUE SEALANT
MITSUBOSHI TIMIING BELT TB298
KOYO TENSIONER 13505-50030
KOYO IDLER TENSIONER 13503-50011
NTN HYDRAULIC TENSIONER 13540-50030
THO 2 CAMSHAFT SEALS 90311-38065
THO CRANKSHAFT SEAL 90311 - 43006 / 90311-A0001
TAMA NTCL THERMOSTAT 90916-03100 / WV64TA-82A
THO THERMOSTAT GASKET 16346-50010

BANDO/MITSUBOSHI SERPENTINE/DRIVE BELT 6PK2240
for toyota GENUINE COOLANT
GATES RADIATOR UPPER 21660
GATES RADIATOR LOWER HOSE 23018

image_123986672 (1).JPG

image_123986672.JPG

I have never seen a leaking cam or crankshaft seal on a 2UZ, even ones with 400k miles. Were yours leaking or did you replace them for the hell of it?

I have never seen a leaking cam or crankshaft seal on a 2UZ, even ones with 400k miles. Were yours leaking or did you replace them for the hell of it?
I replaced only because they came with the kit and the engine was out of the vehicle. I replaced the engine due to head gasket failure, lack of maintenance from previous owner. Previous owners wanted the truck out of the drive way, picked up for free 04 limited Sequoia with 255k miles. Newer engine had 110k miles replaced all seals and gaskets with the above mentioned kit plus added JBA headers.

I forgot to mention that multiple other Sequoia owners on Tundra Solutions forums have purchased parts from jdmpartsman with great success. In July 2021 I paid $388 shipped, now $443 plus shipping...SMH:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom