OEM Navigation Software Update?

Discussion in '120-Series Toyotas' started by Tak555, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Tak555

Tak555

hey guys and gals... looking to update my navigation software. pretty sure that i'm currently using the original disk from 2006.

questions...
    1. will an updated disk change my user interface, or just the maps/roads?
    2. if an updated disk does NOT change my user interface, how do you change the user interface? i've seen pictures from a 2009 gx, and it looks different than mine...
    3. ignoring the user interface question, is this the most current disk that will work in our rigs?
    2008 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS TUNDRA LEXUS RX350 NAVIGATION DVD U40 VER 15.1 WEST OEM | eBay

i found this thread, but it's a little dated:
    2005-2006 GX470 Navigation update 2016

2. rockyjco

rockyjco

I just got that disc from ebay and put it in yesterday. The only difference is that the maps are updated. Nothing else is different from what I can tell.

3. HVLA

HVLA

Anything for 04?

4. slowLC

slowLC

Noticed it says “West” on it. Will it only update a region, or is that the entire country

5. joabmc

joabmc

I upgraded my 07 w/ the latest disc. There is an east and west version and if I remember correctly, they are geographically separated by the Mississippi River.

6. slowLC

slowLC

Just purchased one on eBay for 13.99 and it states that it is the entire country. We will see

joabmc likes this.
  7. NJGX

NJGX

It will have maps for the whole country, but the detailed points of interest and such will be limited to the region you got. I got the "2006-2010 Toyota 2017 Navigation EAST Map Update DVD" for my 08 from eBay for about $11 and it works great. New roads and neighborhoods show now, but the interface remained the same.

8. Tak555

Tak555

dang i was really hoping to upgrade the interface too... although, the OEM screen resolution and color sucks, so either way i can't expect a miracle i guesss...... thanks for replies!

i will likely update the disk anyways, just to have updated roads and what not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.