October High Rock Canyon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: High Rock Canyon

Trail leader:
??????
This’ll be a trail ride North of Gerlach. We plan on going through historic High Rock canyon along the Applegate Trail.

Date: Saturday, 10/15/2016

Leave Time
:
9:00 am

Meeting Location: Bruno’s restaurant in Gerlach SR447, approx. 2 hrs North of Reno

Trail Difficulty: 1 maybe 2 because of some water crossings and mud.

Additional Equipment needed: Extra food, gas, and water. This is an overnight trip so be prepared with your camping gear. Swimsuit for the hot springs.

Duration of Run: All day Saturday, Sunday AM.

So since we set this up something came up that I will not be able to attend on this date. Hopefully someone else can be trail leader and we can get a run going. If people are hard set on this date and we can get a trail leader lets get it done. I would only be able to do it on the 29th. I believe this is the NV day weekend. So maybe we can talk more at the meeting. This trail is worth it.

We can speak about it at the date at the meeting? As of right now should we cancel the 15th since no one knows the trail?

Is anyone still going? Looks to be in the low '60s with an overnight low around 40. It may be 6 more months before it's that balmy again....

OK, so the weather pattern has now changed to rain and hard winds. Not fun since my "sunroof" is not watertight and I have no wipers on the inside of my windshield (although I used to carry a squeegee). Time to batten the hatches I guess, and look towards better days.

At the meeting last night, Oct 13, it was decided due to the likely hood of bad weather to postpone the run to the 29th & 30th. Check back for updates!

edited to reflect corrected dates.

Last edited:
We could also circle up at Sand Mountain - Halloween is a prime week. Clowns will be sighted!

Looks to be wet, not sure if I want to take the cruiser in the mud for the weekend.... What are you guys thinking?

Looks like my wife made plans for me this weekend and it's nowhere near Stevens Camp.
It's not too wet yet for the roads to be that bad for those that want to try. Yet....

Yeah since it seems that no one knows the roads that can go/stormy weather i am going to be out for this one

As discussed in the meting the roads really get sticky with any amount of rain. I mean it is gumbo:yuck: that can be dangerous because of the corners and hills that you can loose traction on. With all the rain we have received I think it would be wise to wait on this til it dries a bit. The forecast for the rest of the week is dry with some rain in the forecast for Sunday. At some point they close the canyon due to the falcons and sheep breeding:cow:. I will check on that.

Well, how am I going to get in to breed the sheep if the road is closed....

Ha-well I guess if your real motivated you can park at the gate and hike in. I think the whole canyon for high lake gate to stevens camp is about 20 miles. Take your rubbers, it can get real slippery.:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom