Events/Trails November 2021 ROTM - Rug Road Run - 11/20/2021 - 11/21/2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's the plan for the Rug Road Run. Those who want to camp on Friday, can do so at any of the spots along Copper Creek Road. I believe a number of folks have done that in years past. The run will officially start at 9:00am Saturday morning at the Rug Road turn off from Copper Creek Road.

9:00am be here: 32°45'01.8"N 110°31'05.3"W

9:15am roll out.

Lunch here: 32°48'34.6"N 110°30'16.6"W

Camp here: 32°52'44.6"N 110°26'08.3"W

For those of you who are joining for camping only, you can get there as shown below.

1603219449381.png

1603219461366.png

Comms will be 2m on 146.460MHz. Everyone is on their own for grub, unless a potluck or happy hour is in order. I myself will be happy to contribute to a 5:00 social hour at camp. Looking forward to it.

Jason 501-772-6109

I’m looking for a ride on this run. Just me and a swag if you have room. I’ll pay for your gas.

I’m looking for a ride on this run. Just me and a swag if you have room. I’ll pay for your gas.
Welcome to ride with me Ross, no need to pay gas. Offer is there if you are interested

I plan on rolling down Fri after work. Had a great time last year, looking forward to another great run!

Welcome to ride with me Ross, no need to pay gas. Offer is there if you are interested
I’ll take you up on that. I’ll text you later on specifics.

How do you get to the 9am starting point? I remember doing most of the trail many years ago and we drove through Klondyke from Tucson and eventually got to the cliff dwelling and beyond. Probably not easy to explain, I know. I guess just plug in the coordinates and follow the directions?

We’ll start on the other side - go up to Mammoth and take a right on Main St, then another right on to Copper Creek Rd. Some time later, Rug Rd will be a left turn. Google Maps has the correct route when I just put in Rug Rd.

We’ll leave via Klondyke on Sunday, unless you want to run Rug Road again :)

How do you get to the 9am starting point? I remember doing most of the trail many years ago and we drove through Klondyke from Tucson and eventually got to the cliff dwelling and beyond. Probably not easy to explain, I know. I guess just plug in the coordinates and follow the directions?
The bestest surest way is to turn off highway 77 onto River Road just north of Mammoth. Drive south until you get to Copper Creek Road and turn left (East).

Drive past the shooting range and sign in at the State Trust Land kiosk. Continue on Copper Creek until you see Land Cruisers.

Alternatively you can usually gas up at the Circle K and take the shortcut across the San Pedro River (if it is dry).

1637204042683.png

Alternately if the San Pedro River is dry you can drive in from town - where the Circle K has the only gas & diesel in town.

1637204371134.png

The River Road / Copper Creek intersection
1637204504531.png

I can't wait. I just got my Lexus LX450 back from the mechanic and want to try it out.

I should make it also, welcome to jump in
:cheers:

I’ll start with Jason and when he gets tired of me I’ll know I have a backup. My money is he kicks me out before lunch.

Anyone camping Fri night? I am en route from Globe, and wondering if people are set up prior to our morning rendezvous?

@Stepmurr , same spot as last year from the looks of it??

(Sent from Guayo’s)

Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning. I will have @GeoRoss riding along, and @D_Web in tow along with a new addition, Chris Austin. Chris has a really clean single cab 1st Gen Taco. It is a mild build that is darn impressive off-road. This will be the biggest test of it thus far.

Keep yer fingers crossed that the washed put area 2/3 down Carpet Hill is passable. Last time I was through there the road bed was getting a little narrow.

Jason

@Stepmurr , same spot as last year from the looks of it??

(Sent from Guayo’s)
I am in the same campsite as last year on the left hand side of Copper Creek Road

(32.7279603, -110.6105940)

Thanks Jason for another great run. Rug Road seems to change every year - this year more so than others. Didn’t realize how much I needed a night around the campfire 🏕

966643CC-FB66-4F89-ADF2-37633EF22B66.jpeg

0828F9EF-EB99-496F-A621-FB7861C1D494.jpeg

It was another great run down Rug Road this weekend. Great weather, great people, and no mechanicals or "real" drama. Thanks for joining in and making it a success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom