Not your usual suspension installation question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I left mine in when installing my OME Dakkar 2.5" kit a few months back. I felt it would isolate some noise.... My truck is actually a little lower in the front vs. rear.

gnx7 said:
I left mine in when installing my OME Dakkar 2.5" kit a few months back. I felt it would isolate some noise.... My truck is actually a little lower in the front vs. rear.

I can understand that, but if everything is nice and tight, there shouldnt be any extra noise. OME does design their kits to be taller in the rear, its just one of those quirks. Longer shackles, shackle reversal, removing a leaf, adding a shim, all of these that help either the front or rear to match each other.

those are OME spacer thingys, came with the OME stuff right from ARB, prolly 4 years ago. think they were speced for the year.

and leave my lamb out of this....what we do is our business.......also....its one word........unlike Land Cruiser :D

Steve-O said:
It looks like lamd-pimp put some sort of spacer between the plates, this will also work, as long as the u-bolt plate tightens up against that spacer.

Good tech... and something I need to figure out.

The aluminum spacers are still available from OME, the part numbers are FK0411 (Medium Springs) and FK0418 (Heavy Constant). If you originally had the isolation spacer, I would run it... We just install them as you did in pic #2 as we found that WITH the OME aluminum spacers, the isolation bracket would start to "crush" before the U-bolts were sufficiently tight. Leaving the aluminum spacer out will do no harm as the bottom U-bolt plate is not going to bend.

There may be an aluminum OME spacer that is a little better distance to prevent the crushing we were noticing, but as you can see from Landpimps pic, you may end up with one that is short (his doesn't "clamp"). OME lists 5 different thicknesses (I only stock one), but they only stock two of them (the numbers listed above).

If you really want to ditch the isolation spacer, get some spacers... easy enough to make (I am going to make a bunch made for future kits :D).

Now, does anyone know exactly what year they changed the rear perch? I would love to know for the future so customers don't have to ask on mud :D

OME Spacer question

I installed my full OME Heavy/Heavy suspension from MAF over two years ago. I forgot to use the spacers when I installed the rear springs. I did reuse the original spring cover deal and the rubber isolators. I have never had an issue or thought about it until reading this thread. Has anybody had to deal with issues or problems arising from this? After reading this thread I feel like I should remove the rubber isolator and install the spacers. It's just after 2.5years without a problem who is right? The OME suspension has impressed me from the day I've installed it. I have had to recover crashed airplanes in the AZ desert and with over 1500lbs of parts in the back (at 1000lbs they start to sag) and my M416 on its bumpstops these springs still amaze me.

P.S. Call Toyota and tell them to sell 78's in the USA.

scubasteve said:
...I forgot to use the spacers when I installed the rear springs. I did reuse the original spring cover deal and the rubber isolators....After reading this thread I feel like I should remove the rubber isolator and install the spacers...

No need to take out the OEM isolators, that is what they are made to do... We use them all the time when they are there. Not worth the effort for zero gain. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom