NOT another squeak thread... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok it is, sorry. I know we're all kind of burnt out of these.

With that said, if anyone has an idea as to what might be causing this squeak I'd be grateful for the input.

Thanks friends,
Ben

describe what you are doing exactly to cause the noise to ocur

in that short vid I'm just underneath the rear passenger side wheel whell pushing the frame up and down. That noise is most noticeable when driving over small bumps (its there during high speed bumps as well, but much more audible - obviously - over parking lot bumps, speed bumps, etc).

I'm going to sound like a broken record on this and wish I was getting a cut of sales, but pick up a mechanics stethoscope ($4 at HF), get under the truck, have someone bounce it, and place the end of the stethoscope on various parts. You will hear what's making the noise loud and clear when you place the metal end of the stethoscope on it.

if u cant aford one use a piece of small dia hose, 3/8 id, same one u use to siphon ahc fluid if u do that.

Yeah I have a stethoscope on the way, just wanted to see if anyone would recognize this particular noise right off the bat.

Thanks guys.

Dozens of things it could be, bushings, shocks, springs . . .
...thus my tapping into the collective wealth of knowledge to be gleaned from the thousands of 100 series owners and enthusiasts who have been listening and identifying sounds from their 100s for almost twenty years, in hopes of narrowing and/or defining the list of possible squeak-inducing-issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom