No More Cruising (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jim -

I don't suppose it's necessary to say it again, but I'm going to anyway: You have been an extremely valuable member to this list, and your 80 related contributions will be missed... But as to you - you're not going anywhere, because I'll personally harass the Royal S**T out of you if you don't turn up once in awhile ;)

But, for now, the best with the new rig - and BTW, congrats on the new family member!

PM for you as well...

Cheers! Ron

Jim, congrats on the new son.

As others have said, stick around or you'll be missed. You were part of some of the all-time classic (funny) threads on this forum.

Cheers,
Ed

[quote author=landandsea link=board=2;threadid=4185;start=0#msg31152 date=1060401490]
Jim, congrats on the new son.[/quote]

Uh, Ed it's his daughter.

Jim - big congrats on the second daughter. You deserve the best my friend, which is why it's a shame you ended up with the Pootrol :flipoff2: :D

I'll email Dazza, GC, Mick and a few others in OZ to see what forums/lists they know of since the Pootrol is hot down in OZ.

Don't leave us bud. WOuldn't be the same without ya.

hope you can visit once in a while so you can update us on your patrol. For those of us thinking that we might get one also. Hope to hear from you again soon.

BTW, congratulations on the new child. It looks like you're gonna miss the 4 door LC with kids. That must have been a tough decision to trade. You can always get a cheap 60 series to make up for your LC loss.

Junk, I would edit my post, but then your's wouldn't make much sense.

Jim, sorry I got the gender wrong. Glad the doctor didn't.

Best,
Ed

Jim, congrats and hope everyone is doing well.

Tell the truth now...the patrol purchase was just so you could gracefully walk away from the hydraulic tire carrier :D. When I was in Germany a few years back I thought I saw a 2 door LC 80 but now that I see the patrol I might have been mistaken.

Best of luck and stop back and let us now of any mods you've dreamed up.

Never building the hydraulic rear tyre carrier has to be my biggest regret. The Patrol has the barn doors with wheel mounting so it looks like the hydraulic idea will die... unless someone else want to take it up??!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words - she (I don't think even our health service could get that wrong) is doing well thanks.

The FSM is taken incase anyone is still interested. Anyone remember my 54mm hub socket? I suppose that could do with a new home but postage on it would be horrendous.

Cheers, Jim

Jim,

>> Anyone remember my 54mm hub socket? <<

I've got dubs on the hub socket. ;)

Everyone else has beat me to the congrats and good wishes. I'll only add that your participation in this forum added to the value for all of us, especially for me.

-B-

Junk - Thanks for those lists. Two of those groups are new to me so I'm much obliged.

I did a little research and contacted Yahoo group before making the purchase and have had the frighteners put on me already :-\ :D

The 3.0L Patrol arrived in 2000 and there were a lot of engine problems. This was largely due to insufficient oil capacity and led to very premature engine failure - usually on very long trips. In Oz they tried to fix the problem with a larger sump. Meanwhile the engine design team got fired and a new one was hired to resolve the problem and produce a new engine. This new 'improved' engine contained 41 engine changes in addition to the larger sump - hence those in Oz with the early engines are still upset with Nissan and reporting reliability issues.
In the UK Nissan recalled all Patrols sold in 2000 and relaced the entire engine with the new and much improved one. I'm pleased to say that mine had its engine replaced.
Understandably the Patrol's reputation suffered quite badly in Oz. In the UK there were very few problems with the older engine - maybe because it's nearly impossible to go for a very long drive in this small country.
Am I being too defensive here? - Yes I was worried about reliability when I heard of the problem described here but my fears are allayed with very good reports on the new engine ...

Cheers, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom