NJ/NY Offroad Areas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I am in a bit of a work slump and missing the mountains. I am out of my element out here and a temporary transplant from the West coast Rubicon Trail area. I brought my 80 out here and am having withdrawals. Where is there to go thats local? I have been to the Watergap to camp and fish but am looking to wheel and people to wheel with. My days off are also weekdays so choices are slim.

Truck is an FZJ80 running 4 inch slee lift, fox 2.0s, full armor and 35s.

Good morning and happy Labor Day.
We just got back from another fantastic weekend up in the Catskill mountains with the great folks from GCLC. We had 12 or so trucks and 20+ people with enough food to feed 20 more. We do this twice a year at least.

Unfortunately, there are no publicly available wheeling areas anymore. Areas that were once open have now been closed due to the general stupidity of the people who used them.
In south Jersey there is an area called the Pine Barrens which folks like to go into and destroy their trucks with the salt and sand. Personally, I would not consider that "wheeling". That's just driving over hills and splashing in puddles. I will not go there with my truck.

In PA there is Rausch Creek and Anthracite. Both are "pay to play" designated off road areas where the local clubs hold their events, and have weekend runs.

There are several events hosted by local clubs coming up in the next month or so. The Yankee Toys Fall Gathering in New Hampshire on October 6 and the Bay to Blue Ridge Cruisers Fall Crawl at Rausch Creek on October 13th.

lots of stuff in Vermont! i'm starting to learn where the trails are myself. facebook: Southern Vermont Off Road Association . don't ask me why but there seems to be a lot of Ny'ers on there (?) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom