Nice Cheap 80 Series Centercaps!!! FINALLY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MH_Stevens said:
Come join me and well take our Cruisers down Baja. That's my plan - Baja and a Cruiser - what could be better? .

I would be up for that! We just went down there 4th of July weekend! Great time!

19Jul2005 (UTC +8)

Boston Mangler said:
while, i am usually a very big stickler on keeping my rigs 100% OEM (even down to coolant, belts, etc....), the one that really blew my mind was how much the 80 series center caps are and how fast they go to crap!

the new 80 i just picked up had one missing and 3 that looked like total crap and the rig only has 118k and has always been garaged!

toyota wants about $55-65 EACH for these little cheesy pieces of plastic which can add up quick when they are stolen or damaged.

i found a SET on ebay that are aftermarket made in malaysia for almost the same price of ONE oem piece. i figured i didnt have much to lose, so i ordered a set and they arrived yesterday! i was VERY impressed! side by side they look 100% identical in every way shape and form (even have the mounting clips). the paint was very nice too! not OEM perfect, but still very nice considering i paid like $18 each vs $60 They also fit much better/snugger then the loose OEM units!

You're lucky it's still on. I lost one already after just a couple of days. I also got 'em from EBay, sent from Malaysia. The quality maybe good, but not 100% all the time. But the rest of them are still connected though, after taking my FZJ-80 through some pretty harsh terrain and lotsa mud here...

drexx said:
19Jul2005 (UTC +8)

You're lucky it's still on. I lost one already after just a couple of days. I also got 'em from EBay, sent from Malaysia. The quality maybe good, but not 100% all the time. But the rest of them are still connected though, after taking my FZJ-80 through some pretty harsh terrain and lotsa mud here...

Cool, once thing i noticed is that they actually fit better (more snug) then the stockers!

Boston Mangler said:
Cool, once thing i noticed is that they actually fit better (more snug) then the stockers!

I would think this is from being brand new as they have not been pulled on and off for the last 11 years...they look nice...as does the rest of your rig...congrats!

TX_TLC said:
I would think this is from being brand new as they have not been pulled on and off for the last 11 years...they look nice...as does the rest of your rig...congrats!

Thanks for kudos on the rig, its work in progress

As for fitment of these, they fit nice and snug. When i had my 60, i put 80 wheels on it and spend the $63 or so EACH for all new centercaps before i sold it and they still were kinda loose compared to these cheapys i got from ebay

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom