Newbie To The Pickup Scene (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From what the PO said everything checked out fine other than the EGR problem.

Deal with it Bogus.

From what the PO said everything checked out fine other than the EGR problem.

Deal with it Bogus.

I wouldn't trust a PO as far as I could throw him.

I wouldn't trust a PO as far as I could throw him.

Yeah but we know for a fact that this guy is pretty legit. I mean, my e-brake cable was held together with a bent nail, but it worked.

Yeah but we know for a fact that this guy is pretty legit. I mean, my e-brake cable was held together with a bent nail, but it worked.

Bent nail? sheesh, didn't this clown know bailing wire works better?:lol:

I have not read the thread completly but mine ued o stick all the damn time. Make sure the butterfly on the carb , where the cable hooks up that those tabs are open, not pinched shut and the other standard ajustments
Right now just need to get it to pass smog and get the throttle to stop sticking. I'll armor it all the way around as soon as possible, maybe re-upholster the bench so the foam doesn't fall apart.

I see some alcans and a crawlbox or two in my future though... Possibly.

Bent nail? sheesh, didn't this clown know bailing wire works better?:lol:
Actually he should have used an old fence staple. Push it through, and pinch the ends together... Harder than all but high tensile wire.:hillbilly:

I have not read the thread completly but mine ued o stick all the damn time. Make sure the butterfly on the carb , where the cable hooks up that those tabs are open, not pinched shut and the other standard ajustments
Also just make sure everything's clean in there. I had a sticking issue myself, and it just came down to the carb gunking up from lack of proper use. These things get neglected, and ignored in the back of some PO's shop (or worse yet: their yard:eek:) and a film of grease and partially-evaporatd gfuel gunk builds up. I soaked it down with carb cleaner, filled the bowl with Sea-Foam, and never once had the issue again.

Actually he should have used an old fence staple. Push it through, and pinch the ends together... Harder than all but high tensile wire.:hillbilly:

There ya go. I don't have any fence staples up here, but bailing wire a-plenty, either would work. It was an interesting repair, the cable snapped right at the bulkhead connector, so I pulled it out, filed down the reverse end to fit (which was longer) flipped the cable so the after-end was in the lever, and then looped it just outside the frame-rail bracket, tied it off, and bound it with three passes of bailing wire, applying the tension with my lineman's pliers. Twenty minute field-repair, and I was back doing hill-starts without issue.
Man I love these trucks! :hillbilly:

my tie rod fell off a few houses down from me,( i would not have done this repair any where but the trail and if i am close to home) so i pulled out my lineman's(kliens) and the tie wire, stuffed the rod end back up over the ball tie wired the hell out of it and drove it the 1/2 mile to my house!

A friend in a Heep lost a shakle bolt in each rear one trip. Bailing wire to the rescue. She did about 15 miles on the trail like that till we got back to camp. Buddy brought some bolts the next day

my tie rod fell off a few houses down from me,( i would not have done this repair any where but the trail and if i am close to home) so i pulled out my lineman's(kliens) and the tie wire, stuffed the rod end back up over the ball tie wired the hell out of it and drove it the 1/2 mile to my house!

You have the best attitude, there. Okie fixes are fine in a pinch, but don't let them hang around for long.

If hacked-up repairs don't kill you outright from complacency, then the next owner of your rig will curse you and all your descendants when he or she finds it!!

Sticky throttle turned out to be the floormat out of a dodge pickup lodging itself against the pedal. One issue resolved.

She did well for her first trip out as well :D
270051_176772769050571_100001535467985_478306_3795378_n-1.jpg
255030_176772915717223_100001535467985_478309_3387626_n.jpg
264431_176771509050697_100001535467985_478267_7395374_n.jpg

If it's getting anything other than a shell it's going to be an open bed.

I'm going to make sure I keep it looking good. The whole truck is straight and clean, I'll add a little armor and try my hardest to keep it that way.

The EGR on the truck worked properly when we checked it. Take the blockoff plates that I discovered from the po that I bought it from and you should be good to go. I replaced the o2 already. I cant believe the e-brake was held together with a nail. Never had a issue with it so never got under it to look at it. All the smog parts are there and the harness has not been hacked as far as I know. The tranny is a l-52hd built by marlin himself. The transfercase is a 4.7 from marlin. If you have any other questions let me know.

The EGR on the truck worked properly when we checked it. Take the blockoff plates that I discovered from the po that I bought it from and you should be good to go. I replaced the o2 already. I cant believe the e-brake was held together with a nail. Never had a issue with it so never got under it to look at it. All the smog parts are there and the harness has not been hacked as far as I know. The tranny is a l-52hd built by marlin himself. The transfercase is a 4.7 from marlin. If you have any other questions let me know.

I pulled the block off plates out and it seems to be running a little more lean, so I think it will pass. The nail worked fine, just replaced the cables because the e-brake was slipping and thought why not. No issues though, truck is great.

if the motor runs more lean, the NOx emissions will go up... NOx and HC emissions go hand in hand with the air fuel ratios :)

Failed again today. CO levels were higher with the plates pulled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom