Newbie saying Hello! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smokeater

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello All,

Recently subscribed to MUD, purchased a 71 FJ40 out of MN couple weeks ago.
She's my second FJ40, the first was purchased for me for my sixteenth birthday years ago by my mother (lover her to death). Thing is she lent it out to a friend who needed a car to drive and wham, blam, &#*#%, she wrecked it! Never got to drive the thing with an official license. :bang: I did almost toss my buddy out of the passenger seat going around a corner when I was joyriding though!

I'm beyond thrilled to be an owner of one of these beasts again. I have been a Jeep owners for years, (TJ, ZJ, and Momma drives an XJ) love them too, but can't beat the nostalgia of getting back something you never had.

I reside in NW Iowa, along the Mighty Missouri river, with my wife of 11 years and 3 kids, boy, boy, girl. We love to be active, outdoors yet also enjoy Sunday nights hanging out watching movies. I fight fire for a living, if you couldn't tell by my handle, been doing this for ten years. I'm currently assigned to an Engine company as a driver. Originally for the east coast, lets here it for NJ....but grew up in Colorado for the most part, Denver proper to be exact. Mom, brother and sis still back there, I get back at least twice a year to ride MTB and Snowboard.

I've got alot of irons in the fire, going back to school for my undergraduate degree, doing a distance program (euphemism for on-line) through Colorado State University, managing home life and now toying with a classic 4x4. I have little experience and knowledge in automotive restoration, but love to wrench on bikes and can handle the little things. Motors are intimidating, welding is foreign, body and paint is outta my league (but I know a guy and he likes $$$). Soooooo here I am, I'll be lurking around finding what I need, posting pictures of the little things I do, and may even start a resto thread, dunno.

Cheers

smokeater

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to 'mud.

Welcome, show us some pics of the rig!!:)

FrontMN.JPG
BackMN.JPG
DSideMN.JPG
DSideToffiMN.JPG
FRIntMN.JPG

Pics of Momma's XJ in Moab, last year...spring break trip me and the kids at Arches. When mommas away the kids will play!!!!

Going to Zion, UT this spring break, maybe trailer the FJ40 with this and see what she's made of!!!
XJMoab.JPG

Looks just like my first FJ40 ( minus the diamond plate). So many excellent memories with my family exploring the forest - I hope it does the same for you and your family.

I'm actually hoping that someone recognizes her. The PO I purchased it from had little info on her equipment and no maintenance records.

Example, It's reported to have a 6" lift but the shackle have no identifying stamps and the shocks housings are rusted over, only thing I can read is "made in Mexico" it'd be nice to know when it was installed.

I dig it also, I was reading the FAQ page on color codes and it looked like this was the first year it was offered. The wife and kids called it "Jelly Bean Green", so that's what we're calling her, Jelly Bean, not very intimidating but oh well!

looks like you have something you can work with there ... you'll be fighting with your kids someday, to borrow your truck (lol) ... and like everyone else, the colour is sweet ... 40's are a great "hobby" ... I like the research as much as doing the projects ... enjoy ... welcome to Mud ...
:cheers:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I'm so stoked!

Nice rig and great color, congrats !

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom