Newbie- FJ40 stalls only when I floor it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be sediment in the bowl. This is after I replaced the gas tank, fuel pump, fuel filters and lines. The sediment is left over from the rusty leaky tank that came with the cruiser. Gotta keep that carb clean!

make sure the choke is coming off , i don't know anything about the carbs you guys are running but that exact symptom sounds like the choke might be on while its hot . some don't mind it and some will die after three feet with out a buck or spit , just blaaa . i had to piss around with a 429 yesterday for a while and finally just wired the choke off and drove it away .

carb rebuilds are simple just lay it out and take your time

Thanks, I got called out of town for work and will try the fuel line tomorrow.

As for the choke it actually starts well with about 1/2" of choke than immediately in, so no worries there.

-Ben

Okay I know this thread is old but these issue still come up. I replaced the fuel pump and filter and it was still doing the same thing. I took an air hose to the gas line before it enters the filter and the gas started to flow! In many cases there is crud in the line as many of these cars have been sitting for
Long periods of time with little to no gas in the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom